Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m planning to buy the R Design XC40 in either Bursting Blue or Crystal White with the black top. I’m leaning towards the blue.
Any thoughts on which color to choose other than personal preference? Might scratches show less in the white? I had a friend tell me her black Volvo had a black primer coat and so would show fewer scratches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We got the bursting blue for our 2019 and it still looks great. Unless you enjoy washing a car often, avoid white. A white car is never clean - I had one years ago and it was always dirty particularly in the winter time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Would there be any difficulty matching the paint if needed? A Carmax guy thought white would be easier to match but I’d assume body shops would be able to get the actual paint that Volvo uses (tho batches might vary).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a R-Design in white. Perfect colour. Ive had darker colours in the past and they show smears and swirls when polished. Every colour has its good and bad points.

·
Registered
2020 XC40 R-Design, Glacier Silver, Polestar
4 Posts
I ordered a 2020 R-Design in Glacier Silver. I was drawn to the contrast between the black top. A little more understated than the white/black.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There seem to be a million white SUVs or all makes and sizes. I in fact have a white Mercedes GLK350... White is a VERy easy to care for. Unless you're off roading white looks clean. But the XC40 design seems to look wonderful in a color! Get the blues man :)

Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the R-Design in white with black roof, and I highly recommend the orange accent interior. I was on the fence about it initially, but I'm glad I got it. I really stands out, but in a good way. Otherwise everything is just black and white.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m planning to buy the R Design XC40 in either Bursting Blue or Crystal White with the black top. I’m leaning towards the blue.
Any thoughts on which color to choose other than personal preference? Might scratches show less in the white? I had a friend tell me her black Volvo had a black primer coat and so would show fewer scratches.
Hi!
I saw a blue one sitting in the showroom at the dealer and it looked nice. If I was getting another one, that would be the color I would get.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the R-Design in bursting blue and it looks great. I decided against the white with black top because it reminded me of a police car (black and white). One negative is that the Volvo dealer told me they cannot get the bursting blue touch-up paint. It has to be custom mixed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the white with a black top. The White (Glacier?) is quite unique in that it is a mettalic white and in the sun looks very deep and thick. The paint was applied beautifully. I don't much care for the blue that much as it is too bright of a blue for my tastes and in my opinion makes the car look cheap. Again it's my opinion for what that's worth!! Not much!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts