Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,134 Posts
Just been informed my XC40 Recharge which was due in October is now planned for February 2023 as of the usual reasons of shutdowns in production, not enough staff, lack of semiconductors, etc.
By the time it arives it may well be a 2024 model !!
That is a bugger! Glad we ordered on Day 1 back in June (or early July?) of 2021...although we've had a few bugs. Maybe your later production car will have some of the kinks worked out already! :) I see Tesla started delivery of the first Model Ys in Australia this week. We probably would have considered that if it had been an option when we were looking, but I'm glad we went with the XC40 even if it doesn't have quite the range of the Model Y. I love the looks and quality feel of the Volvo. Yeah, the Teslas are probably a better EV, but I think the Volvo is a better car. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just been informed my XC40 Recharge which was due in October is now planned for February 2023 as of the usual reasons of shutdowns in production, not enough staff, lack of semiconductors, etc.
Either your dealer was over promise or my dealer was under promised. I ordered my XC40 twin motor in mid March 22 and was initially told delivery will be late November. I received an updated invoice 2 weeks ago with a production date of 18 Oct 2022 and estimated delivery early to Mid Jan 2023. Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just spoke to dealer about my dual motor xc40 ordered early April. Original estimated delivery 29 Oct this year. Updated contract from dealer came mid\late July with 29 Nov estimated delivery. Just off the phone with dealer and that is still the estimated delivery date.

Caveats - Looks like a strike is going to happen just in time for Christmas at the docks (cannot describe the how I feel about that)
  • Provided there are no quarantine issues (can be a delay of 1 to 3 months sitting in a paddock while they douse your car with chemicals)
  • Provided there are no further production delays (chip shortages or lockdowns in China)

Fingers crossed.

It sounds like there was a massive increase in orders from April to May to create such delivery delays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There was. The Pure Electric advertstisng campaign was very noticable.
I was told for every ICE Vovo SUV sold around that time an equivalent PEV was sold.
These orders won't show up as sales in official statistics until they are actually devliered.
There's a heck of a lot more frustrated customers not on these forums.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
There was. The Pure Electric advertstisng campaign was very noticable.
I was told for every ICE Vovo SUV sold around that time an equivalent PEV was sold.
There's a heck of a lot more frustrated customers not on these forums.
And delighted customers …

·
Registered
Volvo C40
3 Posts
I hear you, and I feel you. I'm at 7 months now for the C40 and whilst I knew it was going to be a long process, the delays on top of delays is frustrating. I'm now looking at more rego for my current ICE car. It's recently needed a service. Has some other ongoing issues. Just hoping to get it through to the new car coming in hopefully December.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts