Volvo XC40 Forum banner
621 - 626 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,019 Posts
Just picked up my car this AM. They replaced the pads (kit 32287446) and discs (kit 31687441). Unfortunately they couldn't share any pics with me as they said the pics aren't emailed to Volvo but they go through their online system somehow. Anyway the invoice said "Confirmed customer concern. Removed rear brakes and found pads sticky and grooved into discs. Sent tech report to Volvo and were advised to replace rear brakes." Hopefully this will be the last of it...the P/N is a supercession of an older part number...presumably it's the updated pad material to help avoid this issue?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yep, check the @He Keith post about it:
So if I read that right, the pads and rotors they put on my car are the same as the ones they put on @He Keith car, and he continued to have issues with it? I thought there was some reformulated pad? Hmm, guess we'll see what happens!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
496 Posts
Maybe those are the so called TSB pads that @He Keith mentioned to you?:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Maybe those are the so called TSB pads that @He Keith mentioned to you?:
Not sure...I did give them the TJ/TSB number...but it seems like the pads they put on my car are the ones they put on @He Keith 's car. I believe after that he had the dealer put his own ceramic pads (which I have also purchased). It's such a long thread it's a bit hard to comprehend! :)

621 - 626 of 626 Posts