Volvo XC40 Forum banner
581 - 586 of 586 Posts

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
926 Posts
Do it. Take the pictures. . .
** This is a year after the rear pads and rotors were replaced 2 weeks after ownership last May. I think it's holding up, but as a good practice, best to check every so often. Had a super mild winter and I didn't encounter much heavy rain driving either. I DO make it a habit to drive the car for errands after each wash since being traumatized the first time!
Automotive tire Wood Automotive exhaust Audio equipment Tints and shades
Automotive tire Rim Tints and shades Automotive wheel system Automotive design

Automotive tire Tread Automotive design Synthetic rubber Tire
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Automotive design Synthetic rubber

Attachments

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
** This is a year after the rear pads and rotors were replaced 2 weeks after ownership last May. I think it's holding up, but as a good practice, best to check every so often. Had a super mild winter and I didn't encounter much heavy rain driving either. I DO make it a habit to drive the car for errands after each wash since being traumatized the first time!
View attachment 3578 View attachment 3579

View attachment 3580 View attachment 3581
Margo likes the way your brake pads look sailor. . .

·
Registered
334 Posts
View attachment 3578 View attachment 3579

View attachment 3580 View attachment 3581
Dang those are pretty..

·
Registered
On Order C40 AWD Ultimate Silver Dawn Fjord Blue Interior
23 Posts
I have been looking to see if there is a product that could offset the rusting process.
This is what I found.
BiltHamber Atom Mac
This is not a surface treatment rather as it describes it acts a migratory boding to ferrous materials including as it state car brakes.
I emailed there tech support to see what they said and got the following response.
Hi Christopher,

If it were applied regularly it may well ameliorate this.

Kind regards,

Pete Hamber

So whilst not definitive it certainly isn’t unsafe and may indeed help.

Unfortunately we don’t have our Volvo EV yet so I cannot test but I cannot help but be concerne. In the UK we have a 3 year warranty that will cover the pads and rotors, thereafter it will coming out of my pocket :rolleyes:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Anyone has the actual copy of the TSB? I tried looking online for TSB #36169 but couldn’t find anything.
I’m making the appt to have the dealer address the accelerator recall and I’m going to ask them to address the breaks TSB.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Anyone has the actual copy of the TSB? I tried looking online for TSB #36169 but couldn’t find anything.
I’m making the appt to have the dealer address the accelerator recall and I’m going to ask them to address the breaks TSB.
It is simple new softer (less metallic) pads. Personally I stuck with my PowerStop pads as they are higher performing ceramic pads and have been flawless.

Reactions: B-mtrd
581 - 586 of 586 Posts