Volvo XC40 Forum banner
401 - 420 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I offered to test whatever pads they develop, but dealer said they usually make the Volvo reps do that. I doubt anyone has had more brake issues than me to qualify as a successful test ;-)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I offered to test whatever pads they develop, but dealer said they usually make the Volvo reps do that. I doubt anyone has had more brake issues than me to qualify as a successful test ;-)
The end of a brake clunking grinding locking era! Congrats on the pads working and the new car baby :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I am conservatively declaring victory, I want to see them go another month without issues. If any thing glitches the car goes back under lemon law. The good news it seems Volvo is aware of the LTE issues as well. I figure if my Blue P8 is still a mess after next update then I send it back. Interestingly the new car made it further with getting Volvo app to work than my blue P8.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I am conservatively declaring victory, I want to see them go another month without issues. If any thing glitches the car goes back under lemon law. The good news it seems Volvo is aware of the LTE issues as well. I figure if my Blue P8 is still a mess after next update then I send it back. Interestingly the new car made it further with getting Volvo app to work than my blue P8.
And they are aware of general 1.7 instability it seems. Looking at the history of Apple releases not all releases are a step forward … st least we can choose when we do. I am sticking with 1.7 until something significant comes out (ignoring the soc reporting instability).

·
Registered
400 Posts
Regarding the lemon law - is there a clause that specifies a timeframe within which you have to act - for example if you continue to own the car for 90 days after the lemon law threshold was met and you do not act does it get nullified? I would think it is not something you can hold over them for an infinite amount of time?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Regarding the lemon law - is there a clause that specifies a timeframe within which you have to act - for example if you continue to own the car for 90 days after the lemon law threshold was met and you do not act does it get nullified? I would think it is not something you can hold over them for an infinite amount of time?
I am calling a lawyer Monday. My reading is you have up to a year to file. I have not had the car back 30 days yet. I will follow whatever guidance the lawyer gives. If they say file now to avoid any push back I will, if they say I can wait I will wait. Looks like in GA manufacturer may have 20 days to replace or buy it back. technically I still have LTE issues and darn climate control swings like 8 degrees (I have seen someone else post this as well), but they have been so preoccupied with the brakes.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Every car I have ever owned I set climate temp to 70F and never touch it again. The P8 it seems the temp you set is heavily dependent on outside temps. If it is cold out like last few days with outside temps in 30s, I have to lower HVAC to like 66 or I get roasted. Days when it was 90 outside I have to resize temp to 74 or it is like an ice box in the car. Seems like I have to constantly adjust climate temp. Here in ATL where lately you have mornings in 30s and afternoons in 60s it is constant changing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am calling a lawyer Monday. My reading is you have up to a year to file. I have not had the car back 30 days yet. I will follow whatever guidance the lawyer gives. If they say file now to avoid any push back I will, if they say I can wait I will wait. Looks like in GA manufacturer may have 20 days to replace or buy it back. technically I still have LTE issues and darn climate control swings like 8 degrees (I have seen someone else post this as well), but they have been so preoccupied with the brakes.
100 years ago when I was an undergraduate I took a couple semesters of business law (I was a comp sci major). One thing that stuck with me was the concept of tacit approval. There was some more legal sounding name for it that I've long since forgotten, but the theory was that if you continued to use something you lost your ability to claim it was not fit for purpose. Not sure how it applies to the lemon law, which I suspect addresses that issue specifically. But it is possibly a reason to think there is a limitation on the time you have to file. Checking with your lawyer seems like a great idea.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yeah that is why I need to chat with lawyer. The lemon lax clears states out of service a total of more than 30 days. I suspect the theory is just because I am using it, the constant issues qualify it as a lemon.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
227 Posts
Every car I have ever owned I set climate temp to 70F and never touch it again. The P8 it seems the temp you set is heavily dependent on outside temps. If it is cold out like last few days with outside temps in 30s, I have to lower HVAC to like 66 or I get roasted. Days when it was 90 outside I have to resize temp to 74 or it is like an ice box in the car. Seems like I have to constantly adjust climate temp. Here in ATL where lately you have mornings in 30s and afternoons in 60s it is constant changing.
I will not worry about it. It is what it is. It might get better with the future updates.
There is one thing you can do:
Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Speedometer

See the red circle. There is small opening. It is the place where the AC temperature sensor is getting it`s readings. Vacuum it. It will not help most probably but it is pretty much what you can do. Sometimes it might get filled with dust and alter the readings. Anyway, do not believe that is the case but it is the only thing you can "fix".

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
These 2 colors just playoff each other so well. This was a few hours ago at pickup.

View attachment 1826
The sibling home at rest. Tinting Monday, ceramic Tuesday. I want to tint the roof, but tint place is advising against it.

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Gave the generic that the manufacturers don’t recommend it, yet I watched numerous YouTube videos by tint people that said no issues.

BTW, chatted with Volvo and they say their roofs are laminated. I may see if they will tint it anyway.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The sibling home at rest. Tinting Monday, ceramic Tuesday. I want to tint the roof, but tint place is advising against it.

View attachment 1829
What software version does the new Fusion Red P8 show? Bgarlow on another thread just rec'd a dealer update and his software version now shows 1.8 - perhaps there is a new update coming OTA soon - be interesting to see if you new p8 has the 1.8 and what changes/additions it has.

401 - 420 of 455 Posts