Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Spotify subscription and the Spotify app installed in my P8 and that works just fine for most of my audio needs.

But I would also like to listen to local AM radio (in Seattle) - in particular 710AM for Mariners and Seahawks, and 1000AM for local traffic/news. But there is no AM radio capability in the P8.

OK ... so next thought: there is a 710AM ESPN Seattle app that I have installed on my phone. I can listen to Mariners games using that app on my phone.

However, when I go into my P8 with bluetooth paired with my car and phone, I cannot get the app to work / play audio. I press the play button and nothing - it just freezes. I then also tried to play locally installed music (from the Apple Music app) via bluetooth in the car - same result - nothing, no sound, press the play button and nothing happens.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what I might be doing wrong and how I can get audio from my phone to work via bluetooth to the car? I've turned bluetooth off and on, in both the car and on my phone (iPhone XR). I've un-paired and re-paired the device. Not sure what else to try.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a Spotify subscription and the Spotify app installed in my P8 and that works just fine for most of my audio needs.

But I would also like to listen to local AM radio (in Seattle) - in particular 710AM for Mariners and Seahawks, and 1000AM for local traffic/news. But there is no AM radio capability in the P8.

OK ... so next thought: there is a 710AM ESPN Seattle app that I have installed on my phone. I can listen to Mariners games using that app on my phone.

However, when I go into my P8 with bluetooth paired with my car and phone, I cannot get the app to work / play audio. I press the play button and nothing - it just freezes. I then also tried to play locally installed music (from the Apple Music app) via bluetooth in the car - same result - nothing, no sound, press the play button and nothing happens.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what I might be doing wrong and how I can get audio from my phone to work via bluetooth to the car? I've turned bluetooth off and on, in both the car and on my phone (iPhone XR). I've un-paired and re-paired the device. Not sure what else to try.
I use iHeart app for AM radio. Works fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use iHeart app for AM radio. Works fine.
Yes, I installed iHeart Radio app in the P8 and it works. However, it does not have either of the AM stations I'm interested in (710 and 1000, in Seattle).

The main problem I'm trying to solve is that I cannot play any audio from my iPhone XR to the XC40 Recharge P8 via bluetooth.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, I installed iHeart Radio app in the P8 and it works. However, it does not have either of the AM stations I'm interested in (710 and 1000, in Seattle).

The main problem I'm trying to solve is that I cannot play any audio from my iPhone XR to the XC40 Recharge P8 via bluetooth.
I can’t either. I think we have to wait for Apple Car Play. 😩

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just use the TuneIn Radio app, natively in your car. No phone needed. Both 710 ESPN and KOMO 1000 work fine.

"Hey Google, play 710 ESPN on TuneIn".
Thanks, that worked! Appreciate it!

I also found the answer to the problem I was trying to solve (cannot play any audio from my iPhone XR to the XC40 Recharge P8 via bluetooth.), and it was simple and right in front of me: start the Bluetooth Media Player first!

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
225 Posts
I've started using the free 'Open Radio' app in the car. The interface makes it a bit difficult to find stations initially, but once you mark them as a favorite, they're easy to get to again.

Reactions: westmo
1 - 10 of 10 Posts