Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was interesting that in Volvo's online marketing materials for their XC40 Recharge EV, they would quickly flash color options that included Denim Blue. The photo itself didn't really seem to match up with that color though. I quite like what is pictured, but I have a hard time imagining Denim Blue would ever photograph that way, so I'm not sure what the disconnect is there.

I'm actually very glad that Bursting Blue made in to the XC40 Recharge. I've loved that shade since it debuted and I'm glad it's the color we got, although if I'm honest I would have rather had it on an elusive AWD V60 R-Design (a combo only available in MY2019)

It seems that Volvo is cutting Bursting Blue from its product line.I'm wondering if the XC40 Recharge will move to Denim Blue, or if it will get the Fjord Blue color that's coming to the C40.

Coincidentally, I could believe that the color purporting to be Denim Blue in Volvo's marketing videos was actually Fjord Blue, and I wonder if that color that was originally intended for the XC40 Recharge.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchased a Denin Blue recharge. Here goes some real pics. In my opinion it looks better in real world than in brochure.

View attachment 1234
That’s so interesting — is that Recharge PHEV (which isn’t available in US market) or Recharge BEV?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yeah Bursting Blue is amazing, so much we bought 2 (T5 and P8). I perosnally find most of Volvo's colors muted and with hints of other colors. Thunder Grey and Galcier silver seem to have hues of other colors, Thunder Grey looks blue/grey to me and then Glacier silver truly looks like blue ice, no hint of silver to me, also it looks dirty and sage green seems muted. No offense to those that have or like those colors. The only 2 colors they have that really pop are the Bursring Blue and Fusion Red. We’ll strike BB in 22, leaving Fusion Red. The C40 Fjord Blue looks decent, somewhere between muted and a real popping color,

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
62 Posts
It's a shame Volvo is cutting out the bursting blue -- I like it. I like the denim blue even better -- at least in the photos. I learned my lesson about Volvo colors in photos. I really liked the sage green in many photos/videos online and ordered one, yet noting that it looked different each time, but still likeable. There were none within a hundred miles to lay my eyes on until about a week before my sage green arrived. I did not like it and went with my 2nd choice (glacier silver) which my dealer happened to have the same configuration available. I'm quite happy with it -- it exudes a different shade under different lighting -- rather interesting.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The denim blue is too dark for me, but I would want to see Fjord Blue in person, that looks interesting.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heath Pump.
18 Posts
Had denim blue on my V60CC. It was a very nice color and was certainly uncommon, but a little conservative. It just didn't pop. The bursting blue pops so much more. On an interesting note, KBB took $750 off the assumed value of the V60 because it was blue and blue is not a desirable color. Says who?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Had denim blue on my V60CC. It was a very nice color and was certainly uncommon, but a little conservative. It just didn't pop. The bursting blue pops so much more. On an interesting note, KBB took $750 off the assumed value of the V60 because it was blue and blue is not a desirable color. Says who?

Funny I will have to dig up the article, but it showed that some of the colors like Blue and Red are becoming more desirable, I guess everyone is growing sick of black, white and silver. Most of my cars were always grey or silver until the P8.

Reactions: Jim

·
Registered
18 Posts
Funny I will have to dig up the article, but it showed that some of the colors like Blue and Red are becoming more desirable, I guess everyone is growing sick of black, white and silver. Most of my cars were always grey or silver until the P8.
I was very much the same - all grey and silver, until this Volvo. We had an XC40 ice in Osmium and liked it a lot. But the Denim really caught my eye.

Reactions: 1moreRobot

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

we have a fusion red v60. Love the color when it’s clean and shiny, and it pulls the blue reflections from the sky. As soon as it gets even a little dusty though, it gets rather flat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
we have a fusion red v60. Love the color when it’s clean and shiny, and it pulls the blue reflections from the sky. As soon as it gets even a little dusty though, it gets rather flat.
That is a great color!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was very much the same - all grey and silver, until this Volvo. We had an XC40 ice in Osmium and liked it a lot. But the Denim really caught my eye.

View attachment 1238
Denim Blue works nicely with that charcoal grey body cladding, on both your Cross Country and the XC40 further upthread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Denim Blue works nicely with that charcoal grey body cladding, on both your Cross Country and the XC40 further upthread.
We traded the Cross Country for the P8. Got an insane trade in on it. More than I paid for it, including a year of payments! We used a V60CC for 14 months for free. The used car market is silly right now.

Reactions: 1moreRobot
1 - 16 of 16 Posts