Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it came with an adhesive backing similar to the OEM. The size and font were identical to OEM. I don’t have the link to the product but google searching XC40 black emblem or badge will bring up results. Also on EBay.

Edit: It was Aliexpress.com. But beware, I believe the order will originate from the depths of China. It took about a month to make it to the states. Order at your own risk!

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
691 Posts
To clarify, did you have to remove the original emblems, then re-attach the black-out ones from AliExpress ?

I'd literally just posted on another thread re plasti-dip where I pulled the trigger just yesterday and posted pics here ! I DID mess up on 3 letters (super small exposed scratch at the top of 3 enblems)..... so just don't look from 2 inches away..... from far it looks great..... Before and After....

I may remove them later as they peel off eventually and replace like yours !

Automotive tail & brake light Grille Window Hood Automotive lighting

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive lighting Window Bumper Communication Device Automotive design

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yes, I simply heated up the original emblems and peeled them off. Replaced them with the emblems purchased online. They were an exact match in size and font
I’m assuming you use heat gun over it ? Did you have to use any special fish line etc to wiggle the emblems off ? I was contemplating of getting that tool from Amazon with two palm held devise with a string and you sort of floss it off. If sounds feasible, I want to completely remove the xc40 portion all together

Any tips on ensuring the new emblems are placed in alignment with the original ones.

·
Registered
32 Posts
To clarify, did you have to remove the original emblems, then re-attach the black-out ones from AliExpress ?

I'd literally just posted on another thread re plasti-dip where I pulled the trigger just yesterday and posted pics here ! I DID mess up on 3 letters (super small exposed scratch at the top of 3 enblems)..... so just don't look from 2 inches away..... from far it looks great..... Before and After....

I may remove them later as they peel off eventually and replace like yours !

View attachment 1765

View attachment 1764

View attachment 1766
Looks awesome, would you be able to send a full frame picture. Showing the entire rear of the car? Please :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would highly recommend using "Plasti Dip" brand -- i used "Custom Wrap" brand I got from Autozone, and I feel like it's short of what I've observed on YourTube when everyone seems to be using PlastiDip. At 7 layers, the peel was still "thin" compared to the PlastiDip. If you try to spray more or longer, it would "drip", don't want that either! I think that's why it didn't stick and peel as well hence messing up super small area on 3 letters -- it's totally bugging me - FIRST WORLD PROBLEM.

So, if my nagging energy kicks in during Thanksgiving week which I'm off from work, i may re-do the whole thing ! But this time trying with PlastiDip.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I wish Volvo would wake up. My Acura there was a dealer accessory of dark emblems which I had put on as part of the purchase. They offer the R-Design with all the blacked out bits, except emblems. I did take the white P8 emblem off, it was too distracting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts