Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Grill is attached to the sidewalls (by 2nd seat row), it has no bearing to whether the rear seats are up or down - it either flips up to the roof, or flip down regardless of the position(s) of the 2nd row seat - in short, it doesn't get in the way at all. Hope that answers to your question
but it’s it’s to secure pets or whatever in the back area, the seats have to be up.

·
Registered
"Thor" a 2021 XC40 Recharge (P8) in Thunder Gray
13 Posts
The Grill is attached to the sidewalls (by 2nd seat row), it has no bearing to whether the rear seats are up or down - it either flips up to the roof, or flip down regardless of the position(s) of the 2nd row seat - in short, it doesn't get in the way at all. Hope that answers to your question
My question is very poorly worded. What I actually want to know is if the grill can be moved to behind the front seats, when the 2nd row seats are laid down. It’s almost always just me in the car with the dogs and they won’t fit in the back unless the seats are laid down. I can’t see how the grill is installed, so I can’t determine for myself if the grill could simply be installed further forward.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
750 Posts
My question is very poorly worded. What I actually want to know is if the grill can be moved to behind the front seats, when the 2nd row seats are laid down. It’s almost always just me in the car with the dogs and they won’t fit in the back unless the seats are laid down. I can’t see how the grill is installed, so I can’t determine for myself if the grill could simply be installed further forward.
Oh Gotcha....unfortunately, the grill is only recommended to be installed on the pre-drilled sockets on both sides of the wall (2nd row) - I believe there's are also verbiage printed saying NOT to attach elsewhere. Actually, I haven't even paid attention if there are identical pre-drilled sockets above the Driver/Passenger seats. Hope that helps.

Now, the other option (it works but not the prettiest thing) is to get it from AMAZON where it comes in 3 pieces of "grill" where the length is adjustable (i) clips provided to hold them across (ii) clip ties are provided to hold the grill against the Driver and Passenger head rest. That's what we use for the Subaru to keep the pups from coming to the font - however, tthey can still try to nose through under the grill to rest the head on the middle armrest it self.

Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
"Thor" a 2021 XC40 Recharge (P8) in Thunder Gray
13 Posts
That was very helpful. Thanks. I ordered a grill from Amazon for my eGolf, it’s become the dog car. I’ll try it in the Volvo to see how it anchors and wether it will even fit. If it does, I’ll order another. Thanks again.

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue MFD 6/21
333 Posts
Ordered one of this accessories from Amazon. Makes a huge difference organizing the center console. Much better use of space.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
750 Posts
Following up on a previous post of me "messing up 3 letters" with the "plasti dip" effirt (to metal gun color) -- it had been bothering me ever since.....and truly when up close, it's just unsettling.....so with the footstep of another individual here who had (i) replaced all the emblems (ii) replaced all the emblems in black for a black-out look, I decided to do the same......ohhHHH how HAPPY I am with the results.....

I had completely removed the "XC40" all together, and replaced the "VOLVO" with the proper black ones which were purchased through Ali Express (took a good 2 months to arrive from CHINA)....for $10.
Shockingly, the removal process was such a breeze it's not even funny (I did spend some time on YouTube to ensure I got all bases covered)...... between REMOVAL and ATTACHMENT of the new ones, it took me like 45 mins.....

And the results....... LOVE IT !

1) Tape for visual to align replacement letters
2)Hair Dryer warm up the letters
3) Floss to remove the letters
4) WIPE CLEAN
5) Attach new ones

View attachment 2349 View attachment 2350 View attachment 2351

View attachment 2352 View attachment 2353

41 - 46 of 46 Posts