Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite accessories / aftermarket additions / DIY mods / etc. for the P8? Anything you'd consider a must-have?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Reactions: improvius

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Okay so this looks crappy but is so much more comfy than the default.

Yes my car is totally tricked out in comfy padding. Yes I love my life out of control … on the edge. . .

·
Registered
609 Posts
Best Volvo accessories:
  • hands down the protective grill in the back for the Furry baby -- looks great, easily flipped up when not in use, best thing ever in ANY of my Cars
  • sunglass attachment on Driver's side (it's true that it's design for smaller fingers to open it, something to get used to, otherwise a great space saver)
  • After market: Lowest cost nerdy splurge... $5 (i think) is the aluminium tire valve caps - comes in multiples colors, i got blue

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Best Volvo accessories:
  • hands down the protective grill in the back for the Furry baby -- looks great, easily flipped up when not in use, best thing ever in ANY of my Cars
  • sunglass attachment on Driver's side (it's true that it's design for smaller fingers to open it, something to get used to, otherwise a great space saver)
  • After market: Lowest cost nerdy splurge... $5 (i think) is the aluminium tire valve caps - comes in multiples colors, i got blue
Can you provide more detail about the protective grill and the sunglasses attachment, i.e. brands so I can look them up? Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Weathertech's trunk liner is a must-have for us. It's the standard XC40 trunk mat and fits perfectly. We're on the email notification list for front and rear floor mats when they become available.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
256 Posts
Weathertech's trunk liner is a must-have for us. It's the standard XC40 trunk mat and fits perfectly. We're on the email notification list for front and rear floor mats when they become available.
"standard"?

Mine came with the all-weather option which includes factory rubber mats for front/rear seats and cargo. Are you saying these are WeatherTech-made? I do appreciate the mats, I always get them versus carpet. The heated seats and steering wheel will rarely be needed in Sacramento. 🥵

·
Registered
270 Posts
"standard"?

Mine came with the all-weather option which includes factory rubber mats for front/rear seats and cargo. Are you saying these are WeatherTech-made? I do appreciate the mats, I always get them versus carpet. The heated seats and steering wheel will rarely be needed in Sacramento. 🥵
I meant that the rubber trunk mat I bought for our XC40 came from Weathertech and is the trunk mat from the internal-combustion XC40. It fits the P8 perfectly. I've heard from others that the ICE XC40 front and rear seat mats do not fit the P8 so I am waiting for Weathertech to produce those, hoping before the rain season starts in CA in late October. I also have the cold climate package - no rubber mats though - and the dealer said they are not available yet. The mats that came with our car are sort of a thin low-loop indoor/outdoor carpet thing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I meant that the rubber trunk mat I bought for our XC40 came from Weathertech and is the trunk mat from the internal-combustion XC40. It fits the P8 perfectly. I've heard from others that the ICE XC40 front and rear seat mats do not fit the P8 so I am waiting for Weathertech to produce those, hoping before the rain season starts in CA in late October. I also have the cold climate package - no rubber mats though - and the dealer said they are not available yet. The mats that came with our car are sort of a thin low-loop indoor/outdoor carpet thing.
Ah, I see.
I received the carpets too, they were just sitting in the back on top of the weather mat when I took delivery. I know they're practical and nice for many people but I just prefer the weather-resistant options.

Where-ish in CA do you reside? "rain season" seems to be a distant memory nowadays. I sure hope we get some this fall!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oh, I looked it up again and realized the "Protection Package Premier" which was included on my build is the one with the mats. Too pricey but... eh.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ah, I see.
I received the carpets too, they were just sitting in the back on top of the weather mat when I took delivery. I know they're practical and nice for many people but I just prefer the weather-resistant options.

Where-ish in CA do you reside? "rain season" seems to be a distant memory nowadays. I sure hope we get some this fall!!!
We're in Cupertino, home of Apple Computer and.... not much else! We live a few miles from Steve Job's childhood home, and I've been to Steve Wozniak's dog's house.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Can you provide more detail about the protective grill and the sunglasses attachment, i.e. brands so I can look them up? Thanks!
** I got them directly from Volvo Accessories..... The grill is custom designed for the Car, once attached (to the pre-drill holes on the sides), it can stay there permanently because when not in use, simply lift it up and it sits against the roof (supported by the hydraulic lift support on both sides) and it doesn't block your view... Actual setup....

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I also got the Volvo ruber weather Mat. They are good for driver /passenger but the rear trunk one slips and can block locking. Have ordered another.
Also was not pleased it was just sitting there in plastic vs installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought and installed weather tech mats and cargo mat.

Driver and cargo great fit. Passenger mat gaps on left side. Rear mat ok.

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I still haven't purchased a P8 yet, but I'll probably go with Lloyd's car mats. We have them in the BRZ and the wife's X3, and they're excellent in terms of fit and quality. And I love the way their texture looks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Given it’s over 100 degrees some days, if the car is baked outdoor no matter what it does take a while for the space to cool off. Especially when the furry baby is in the back the distance is too short to keep the trunk area too comfortable so I’d resorted to a 12v fan. And shockingly…for $25…. it clips easily to the grill, 360 adjustable and it DOES move the air for sure….definitely worked out a lot better than I’d expected.
Outerwear Automotive tire Blue Reflex camera Camera lens

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
38 Posts
Has anyone switched their rear brake or turn signals to LED bulbs? I traded in an S60 for my Recharge and every light on it was LED, so it was surprising to see the XC40 uses incandescents for the tail lights.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Has anyone switched their rear brake or turn signals to LED bulbs? I traded in an S60 for my Recharge and every light on it was LED, so it was surprising to see the XC40 uses incandescents for the tail lights.
Volvo specs indicate the above lights are all LEDs. I am curious what makes you believe the bulbs are incandescent. They are not. The replacement bulbs specs all indicate they are LED.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts