Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm about to change to my winter tires and will be using a floor jack to lift the car. This is my first time lifting it, and I'm wondering what the consensus is on the best jacking points.

In the below image, the red highlights are where Volvo says the car should be jacked. When I look underneath, I see these raised plastic bits that look like they can be used as jacking points.

But the confusing part is that there are also pieces of the black plastic trim that have been cut out exposing the frame of the car. Historically, this is where I've always jacked my cars. Should I be jacking there, or on the raised plastic bits?

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I thought I’d add a photo to show the two points I’m referring to.

The red circle is the pinch weld. The yellow circle is the potential jacking point. This is on the front passenger side.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update: I ended up using the scissor jack that comes with the car to do my wheel change. If anyone happens to use a floor jack, please let me know! I would love an easier to change the wheels myself in the spring.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone!
It is like VP2636 said (thanks to Google translate). The plastic bits (yellow circle) are for floor jack. And red circle for scissor jack.
Local Volvo dealership/service confirmed this. I used floor jack to change tires.
btw. Scissor jack that comes with the car (if you have spare tire) is intended only for road side emergency tire change.
That's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts