Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Xc40 has been beeping at me since yesterday. I parked the car and sensor were active but once parked the beeping continued. It is still beeping the following day and having driven 25 miles.
Help !

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
388 Posts
Hmm may have to contact dealer. It’s a long shot but there’s not something like a bug on one of the sensors?? Can you see on the screen whether any particular area/sensor is showing up red on the screen even when you’re in an open area?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Are other objects being sensed properly? To test back up slowly to a wall does it sense it correctly.

Do you remember which sensor was going off when you were parking and it got stuck?

Good luck.

Also record it as proof it happened for the dealer in case it goes away.

Have you tried a console reboot?

I would book service time ASAP but if you have not te booted try that first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm may have to contact dealer. It’s a long shot but there’s not something like a bug on one of the sensors?? Can you see on the screen whether any particular area/sensor is showing up red on the screen even when you’re in an open area?
Hi Greg, I phone a Volvo dealer (Marshall Volvo in Welwyn Garden City and told them I was dropping the car with them to sort out the beeping. On route to the dealer I had a call from Andy the Service Manager to tell me not to come as he had no capacity to deal with the problem and they had no idea how to fix it. I told the Manager that I was coming and that they needed to look into the situation. On arrival Andy the Service Manager repeated that he would do a quick diagnostic check. This was done but reviled no issues. They then recalibrated the sensors and fixed the beeping.
I was very happy but I think they were happier than me to resolve the issue.
Andy the Service Manager at Marshall Volvo in Welwyn Garden City was excellent and has my gratitude & thanks for putting up with me, unannounced and rather angry.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
388 Posts
Hi Greg, I phone a Volvo dealer (Marshall Volvo in Welwyn Garden City and told them I was dropping the car with them to sort out the beeping. On route to the dealer I had a call from Andy the Service Manager to tell me not to come as he had no capacity to deal with the problem and they had no idea how to fix it. I told the Manager that I was coming and that they needed to look into the situation. On arrival Andy the Service Manager repeated that he would do a quick diagnostic check. This was done but reviled no issues. They then recalibrated the sensors and fixed the beeping.
I was very happy but I think they were happier than me to resolve the issue.
Andy the Service Manager at Marshall Volvo in Welwyn Garden City was excellent and has my gratitude & thanks for putting up with me, unannounced and rather angry.
Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Good to know that if anyone else has this problem they can suggest “recalibrate sensors” as a potential fix. Isn’t this forum great? :)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Glad it worked out. A shame they could not of let you come in for a quickly. But at least they let you arrive. Better to ask for forgiveness Than permission. Though in your case it is more like better to ask for permission, get rejected then do it anyway and go for the forgiveness :)

Enjoy your car and hopefully no more issues.

If I was less lazy I would write a volvo fixing document from this forum and send it to Volvo :) and yes this forum rocks.

Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ours did this yesterday. After contacting the dealer, they suggested ihu reset. Thank goodness it worked. My wife turned the radio up to compensate. I'd show you the video, but can't upload MP4 file to forum 😔.

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
151 Posts
Upload it to youtube or soundcloud and post a link

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Xc40 has been beeping at me since yesterday. I parked the car and sensor were active but once parked the beeping continued. It is still beeping the following day and having driven 25 miles.
Help !
My Volvo Xc 40 P8 happened the same since today morning here in Brasil!Do you know what was the problem?Did they fix in the same day with the computers in the dealer?Thanks

·
Registered
XC40 P8 Recharge 2022
26 Posts
Mine did it today, after entering the garage it started to beep like crazy and didn't stop even after stepping out and locking the car.. IHU reboot solved it immediately..
I wonder if this is something that should be fixed with 1.8.1.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine did this after a car wash. It was instinct at this point to reboot the IHU, which fixed it. Now I always remember to disable the rab and parking sensors when going through a wash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts