Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
The worse thing you could do to any vehicle is take it on the beach - the salt will destroy things - rust and corrosion to follow. I've seen so many people out here in California take vehicles on the beach and close to the water thinking it is so much fun - later it becomes a huge regret. I've also seen the same thing when I spent time in Utah and people drive onto the salt flats - absolutely destroys vehicles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a new 2019 XC40 and live close to a beach in Florida where the permit driving. Has anyone taken their XC40 beach driving?
Great question as I enjoy kitesurfing and like going to Outer Banks a couple times a year, and am in the same position. I’ve taken my 2013 XC60 112k miles on the beach but RARELY. I agree with the others about salt/sand corrosion damage, but this is a risk among all vehicles. I have done it in the past with my 2013 XC60112k miles and make sure to do a car/undercarriage wash immediately afterwards. I am intrigued though about the handling of the XC40 on sand as I’m considering buying one. It has the same ground clearance (8.3”) as the XC60 which I had no problems with in regards to handling. No corrosion related issues thus far (knock on wood).

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just purchased a new 2019 XC40 and live close to a beach in Florida where the permit driving. Has anyone taken their XC40 beach driving?

thank you
Ive driven on the beach for a few decades and never a problem if you wash very well soon after. Can't see why it would be different with this vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts