Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just noticed a piece of broken plastic while looking under the car, left side (driver), behind the left wheel.

Wondering if it’s some sort of leftover from a battery pack installation kit (factory) or the remains of a cover which should go there.

How does yours look like?

See pics:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I answer my own question. Yes, there’s a missing part which got broken at some point. Since my car is the demo car I purchased from the dealer with 5000 kms, a little less than a month ago, I asked them to look into it. Waiting for a response.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't have time to do a Google search ATM. However I recall a discussion of broken plastic because improper lift points were used. Apparently the P8 uses different lift points than other XC40s. Please have them inspect the areas around all the lift points for damage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - indeed found this post and will ask to them to check!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
154 Posts
Yes, what a coincidence. Just today, I had my car in for service to get the plastic covers underneath replaced. (see old thread) It took over a month for the parts to arrive.
I'm glad that you posted because I decided to check underneath the car and found a piece dangling from the bottom. It was on the front right hand side though. I can tell that their was some mischief from the mechanic who must have accidentally broke it and then decided to use adhesive to repair it. Not a good job since it was falling off.

In the photo below, is the right hand piece which is similar to the left one that you're holding in your photo.

Doesn't it make you feel like this car is built like a tank with all of that plastic underneath? {not me}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts