Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vacuuming out the car I found this portal in the floor of the car (passenger seat rear). It looks like it could be a disconnect switch for the battery. After about 10 seconds of thought I decided against flipping the switch!

Also notice the impressive thickness of the foam insulation/soundproofing around the edges. It does ride quiet and stay remarkable cool (compared to my last car).

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
209 Posts
Thanks for the link. I’ve looking for this document without success. I was thinking about sharing it with my local FD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep, my lsst 2 EVs had this, in the driver footwell, and in the centre tunnel below the rear seats.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So when the dealership had to do a “deep reset” that they said we couldn’t do at home to try to fix our wonky IHU, would that switch had been involved, so you think?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure if you're asking me or everyone, but I doubt it. The car runs on the 12V battery, and the big battery (which this switch isolates) just powers the motors, and charges the 12V battery. Disconnecting the 12V (and leaving for a certain amount of time) would count as some sort of reset, and a dealership might tell you you're not capable of it, or, more likely, they can do more advanced things when they plug their computer in.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
71 Posts
So when the dealership had to do a “deep reset” that they said we couldn’t do at home to try to fix our wonky IHU, would that switch had been involved, so you think?
If you have a "wonky" IHU they will probably have toe replace it. They did on hours at 4 days of ownership.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you have a "wonky" IHU they will probably have toe replace it. They did on hours at 4 days of ownership.
long story but they had our car for 4 days and only did a "deep reset"
Volvo Customer Care said the quiet part out loud and told me that they had found and replaced a faulty module...

They hadn't replaced anything. They sent us home after wasting 2 days and 10 hours of driving, and the car does the same goofy $%&^ it did before.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
take it back in. Printout threads from here on IHU replacement. Also write to Volvo (someone here can advice you how and where to do this) get a Volvo if for your problem and get Volvo to work with the dealer.
Volvo knows about the problems with IHUs but dealers start if knowing nothing snd they always Do resets first. Then replace minor stuff then ultimately the IHU which fixes the problem. Push for the IHU.
Good luck let us know what happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts