Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please ignore my ignorance, first time EV owner here. To my understanding, during charging, the battery raises in temperate and there's a cooling function that remits sound (and heat). Similarly, when parked outdoor (or indoor), when the temperature raises, the cooling function automatically engages which also remits a sound -- both times, it sounds as if the car is "ON".
Just wanted to confirm this is "normal" ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Correct, 100% normal -- we've had MANY Tesla and at first was a bit disconcerting to go out to the garage for something only to hear your "car is on" sounds-- but the self cooling systems are operating as expected. You're fine.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
261 Posts
Thanks for confirming my own thoughts. I'm hearing impaired but one time I came home, got out and my wife said "your car is still running!" I wasn't aware of these sounds before. Now I hear them if I go looking.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct, 100% normal -- we've had MANY Tesla and at first was a bit disconcerting to go out to the garage for something only to hear your "car is on" sounds-- but the self cooling systems are operating as expected. You're fine.
THANK YOU! That was exactly what happened last night - family member went to garage and came running into living room " OMG.....WHY IS THE CAR LOUD and RUNNING ?...."
Earlier in the day, my Co-worker came to me and asked "....Hey....was parking next to you....your car is on...." - so I went out to check, sure enough it sounded like it was running.
Now I can rest in peace when anyone comes to me on that !
THanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts