Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to like my 2019 XC40. But it has too many issues to ignore. I had less than 20,000 miles on it. I’m wondering when mine can be declared a lemon. Here is what has gone wrong.

First year it would emergency brake like to avoid a collision. This happened over a dozen times.
Dealer updated software that fixed most of those.

Then, while at a stop light the seat belts tightened to help with a rear end collision. Only there was no car in front of me.
Then the side avoidance sensor for parking alerted me on the freeway when there was no car near me. Dealer says no problem.

Then the dash said my Sport key battery was weak. That battery cannot be replaced. So I took it to the dealer and they say it’s fine.
Then when starting it up the dash says the infotainment system is disconnected. Restarting twice solved it. Dealer says no problem.

Then the radio would not go louder than a whisper. Did this twice. Restarting fixed it. Dealer says no problem.

Then the door to the gas filler would not open even with the key in my hand. Dealer said to break open door as that has been a problem. Another week at the dealer to fix.

Now the emissions light is on and have to take it to the dealer.

Oh, I have never been given a loaner when in for a fix.

Is that enough problems? I also have a Honda but has never had a problem.
I want to like the car but really can’t have a car with continual problems.
Would you keep it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want to like my 2019 XC40. But it has too many issues to ignore. I had less than 20,000 miles on it. I’m wondering when mine can be declared a lemon. Here is what has gone wrong.

First year it would emergency brake like to avoid a collision. This happened over a dozen times.
Dealer updated software that fixed most of those.

Then, while at a stop light the seat belts tightened to help with a rear end collision. Only there was no car in front of me.
Then the side avoidance sensor for parking alerted me on the freeway when there was no car near me. Dealer says no problem.

Then the dash said my Sport key battery was weak. That battery cannot be replaced. So I took it to the dealer and they say it’s fine.
Then when starting it up the dash says the infotainment system is disconnected. Restarting twice solved it. Dealer says no problem.

Then the radio would not go louder than a whisper. Did this twice. Restarting fixed it. Dealer says no problem.

Then the door to the gas filler would not open even with the key in my hand. Dealer said to break open door as that has been a problem. Another week at the dealer to fix.

Now the emissions light is on and have to take it to the dealer.

Oh, I have never been given a loaner when in for a fix.

Is that enough problems? I also have a Honda but has never had a problem.
I want to like the car but really can’t have a car with continual problems.
Would you keep it?
I have also had significant problems similar to yourself. Surprising for a brand such as Volvo. I find it a scary car to drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts