Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, All, recovering Chevy Bolt owner (twice!) and returning Volvo owner, but new to this forum with a soon-to-be-delivered Denim Blue XC40 Recharge. We loved our Bolts but due to the fire related recalls we have lost confidence and started to look around. Well, we've had a 244, a 264 and two v70's over the years. Of course my wife LOVES volvo seats so we went and "looked" at the P8 as we moved closer to returning our second Bolt to GM. After I drove it I was hooked, as well. So, would you direct me to a part of this forum, if it exists, for folks like me who are sold on EVs and are moving over from another brand? Or, would any Bolt owners chime in about their experiences in switching to the Recharge?
Thanks,

·
Registered
462 Posts
Many of us are EV owners, quite a few Bolt, Tesla, etc owners here. Most of us decided that build quality and premium brad luxuries mattered more than anything else. For efficiency, the Bolt/Tesla offer great cars. But the Volvo seems universally perceived to be a more premium build vehicle, at least by the comments on these forums as you'll soon find.

Having had a Bolt EV, the one thing I miss most from that vehicle is Apple CarPlay. Oh, and I do recall the app there being more robust; my friend has a '21 Bolt EV and his app seems to do good by him. You'll find the Volvo app leaves a bit to be desired; it works when it wants, and is limited in features and functions.

For those of us that came from Tesla (I've had a dozen of those), the general complaint with the XC40 is again regarding the app, the robustness of the AAOS (Android Auto Operating Systems; it can be flaky/temperamental at times). But overall, the fit/finish, plushness, ride quality, dynamics, etc make the Volvo feel superior to most.

Like most non-Tesla brands, spend a few hours on these forums and you'll quickly know more than your sales rep at the dealership. Volvo dealers are better than some, but still sort of "in the dark" with EV experience. You can probably reach them, having had a Bolt EV before.

Read the forums about CCS charging (EA stations/hold the handle up during handshake), and about the AAOS details (about holding defrost to reboot TCAM, or holding home button to reboot main infotainment). Note that our cars use ABS system for TPMS, not RF based sensors. Be aware that the latest software is v1.7 and added Sirius XM finally. Apple CarPlay (and Android Auto) are still due out sometime next year as an OTA upgrade. That's really the big key items. Welcome aboard!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts