Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in tomorrow for my 3rd TCAM in 6 months of ownership…

My 22 Volvo Recharge has completely destroyed 5 previous years of flawless experience with the gas version. Dealer just shrugs and says yeah they get the problem all the time and blame it on Google.

Beyond frustrated with this vehicle and counting down to my 1 year anniversary of Care By Volvo to get rid of it.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
39 Posts
Can you describe the issue? What happens with your car? Ours is at the dealership (over two weeks now) and they replaced the TCAM because they thought that’s what it was, but it didn’t fix our issues of no internet connectivity & maps not working…

·
Registered
427 Posts
The tcam has several different objects inside. I wonder if it’s the interface of the tcam to the rest of the system or one or various antennae failing. It’s weird they just change the thing out over and over again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just talked to our dealer and they said the. Ew update is supposed to help resolve the TCAM issue (which is apprently the part we’re waiting for as well)
I have heard this line numerous times before. The next update will always solve the issues. That has yet to be the case. I talked with the maintenance manager and he says he sees the issue quite a bit with 2022 XC40 and XC60 models with Google Automotive. There doesn’t seem to be a clear fix yet other than to wait and see when Volvo and Google get their software and hardware working correctly. It appears to be totally random if/when issues come up for owners.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! I went for my third TCAM today!! I am from Brazil. Since beginning January, this is the third time that it sucks. Now my XC40 has 2.100 km. I am trying to push Volvo in order to get my money back or another new car (without problems, of course). But they aren’t soft in order to understand that. I am seriously thinking to suing them! In my case, I have to go to the shop almost every week!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi! I went for my third TCAM today!! I am from Brazil. Since beginning January, this is the third time that it sucks. Now my XC40 has 2.100 km. I am trying to push Volvo in order to get my money back or another new car (without problems, of course). But they aren’t soft in order to understand that. I am seriously thinking to suing them! In my case, I have to go to the shop almost every week!
Keep pushing back on Volvo support. I am a Care by Volvo customer and while they refused my buyback request, they did refund me 2 months of payments (so far). I’ve emailed them again with my latest troubles asking them to buyback or cancel the lease agreement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts