Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2020 XC40 Rdesign in Oct 2019. 26000Km on it.

When winter set in this year the tailgate started beeping and or opening and or closing randomly (or any combination of the three) when the car is parked and we have the key near the vehicle.

We live on the Canadian Prairies so have had some colder days. (- 25 degrees) and are in the country so car gets dirty fast.

Anyone heard of this problem? Is there a way to test the sensors? How exactly do the sensors for the auto tailgate work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have the dealership working on it. Reinstalled software (assume similar to reinstalling windows on a computer that is acting up) no change.

Going back in to the dealership in the morning to continue the hunt. Could be the sensor, could be the computer, or the connections between the sensor and computer. shouldn't be the key as it happens with all the keys.

Will post if I find out what is going on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so back from the dealership. They had to contact Volvo tech support. Fix was to remove the rear bumper and separate the FDM and Sensor wires. At the same time they cleaned everything out and checked for damaged / loose connections (of which the didn't admit to finding any).

Once FDM and Sensor wires were secured separately it has corrected the problem ... for now.

If it recurs I will try and post again. Although I am hopeful this is a permanent fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts