Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Auto Lights on with wipers.

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Szeb 
#1 ·
I live in Florida. Here and in many other states it is required to drive with low beams whenever rain requires wipers. I cannot find any way to have the lights automatically turn on when using the wipers in daylight. Is this feature not available? How could Volvo not include this?

#3 ·
Thanks Stan, but, when you consider that most cars these days are equipped with auto headlights, rain sensing wipers, etc. we rarely have to remember to turn them on ourselves. Even my Grand Cherokee does it automatically. I’m surprised that with all the technology in new Volvos, this feature is not included.

#10 ·
My 2017 Ford did this. I think Volvo’s theory is that the DRLs are satisfactory unless it’s truly dark enough for the daylight sensor to activate the headlamps. Works for me; the DRLs are bright after all, and the tail lamps are always on in the AUTO position too. Here in IL we have the same law. I can’t imagine being pulled over because the DRLs are on instead of the headlamps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.