Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer just called with a new contract and a new price on MY2023. I thought I’d put this thread together to see what info we can collect. Dealer had yet to fully go over the specs given to them. They had just got the training info

1. Price has come down 2K so now below LCT threshold
2. Heat pump now looks like its in.
3. Still not sure on pixel headlights - but given 2K price drop I think they are deleted.
4. Still no VIN or delivery timeframe update but given our cars are built in china and the lockdowns I believe there will be some delay.

Add what you know

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to my dealer car meant to be arriving October (late) so pickup late October early November.

However as I have been waiting since originally ordering a MY22 I’m not holding my breath.
True, i ordered early April this year and got told October. If you order now the wait is Feb\march. I guess they have exhausted the first build slot and are now filling up a second build slot dec\jan. Hopefully mine is in the first build slot. But I’m thinking lockdowns in china will delay that at least one to two months pushing to December jan which is no great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
True, i ordered early April this year and got told October. If you order now the wait is Feb\march. I guess they have exhausted the first build slot and are now filling up a second build slot dec\jan. Hopefully mine is in the first build slot. But I’m thinking lockdowns in china will delay that at least one to two months pushing to December jan which is no great.
I don’t think Luqiao is currently in lockdown but of course suppliers could be in other parts of China and then the port cities to ship the cars.

(I know it’s not the most important thing in a global pandemic but after waiting so long!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dealer just called with a new contract and a new price on MY2023. I thought I’d put this thread together to see what info we can collect. Dealer had yet to fully go over the specs given to them. They had just got the training info
That's great you actually received some communication from the dealer.
We 'ordered" in June but after chasing Volvo AU up last week found out the dealer didn't put the order in.
I'm going to be very unhappy and let it known if this has affected our timing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We 'ordered" in June but after chasing Volvo AU up last week found out the dealer didn't put the order in.
May i ask which dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed an order at the start of July. That was with the understanding that there would be a price increase coming in August... are you suggesting its a price decrease? Was quoted March 23.

Currently the Volvo website has a QLD registered XC40 recharge ultimate for $82,805, and this hasn't changed for a while. I'm still expecting an increase next month... and have it in the contract that I can cancel if that happens to go in the LCT threshold. I'm expecting to lease the car and needs to be under the LCT.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I placed an order at the start of July. That was with the understanding that there would be a price increase coming in August... are you suggesting its a price decrease? Was quoted March 23.

Currently the Volvo website has a QLD registered XC40 recharge ultimate for $82,805, and this hasn't changed for a while. I'm still expecting an increase next month... and have it in the contract that I can cancel if that happens to go in the LCT threshold. I'm expecting to lease the car and needs to be under the LCT.
I paid deposit and signed contract april and yesterday was called by dealer with an update on price that is almost 2k cheaper. I’m trying to find out if the pixel headlights have been removed as per the email from volvo in may, i believe sales have the spec now so will see how we go. This is in victoria

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,010 Posts
Interesting...website currently says $84,725 drive away for XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate in Melbourne. No luxury car tax noted on pricing breakdown.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Because the threshold for ‘fuel efficient vehicles’ is $84,916 so it is JUST under that threshold.

(It is also a ridiculous tax given it was put in place to defend our now non existent auto industry from luxury overseas imports)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Because the threshold for ‘fuel efficient vehicles’ is $84,916 so it is JUST under that threshold.

(It is also a ridiculous tax given it was put in place to defend our now non existent auto industry from luxury overseas imports)
Ahh, OK. I didn't realise it had gone above the ~85K OTR, but I haven't been watching it too closely. We got ours last year in Sept for about $82K on the road (rural VIC) and I knew the base price went up from $76,990 to $79,990 at one stage, but then I think it then went down about $500 due to the pixel LEDs being removed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered an xc40 Ultimate in May in Sydney. At the time was told to expect delivery Oct/Nov this year. Got a call from the dealer this week saying it's confirmed for Feb 2023.

They also said that Pixel headlights will not be included.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I ordered an xc40 Ultimate in May in Sydney. At the time was told to expect delivery Oct/Nov this year. Got a call from the dealer this week saying it's confirmed for Feb 2023.

Wow, that's quite a delay. Bugger!

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate
2 Posts

Ordered in April 2022...hopefully won't be delayed to Feb 23🤞

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Thunder Grey Twin Motor will be on the same boat - we were told build sheets arrived on our dealers desk on Monday morning confirming a date of Feb 28th.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hang on... heat pump?

Is there no heat pump in the MY22 Australian delivered XC40's?
Unless they changed something along the way, the MY22 XC40 has the heat pump standard. It was certainly on the specs list on ours. It appears to be standard on the MY23 as it's listed in the "climate" area of the specs on the Volvo Cars Aus website.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts