Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
236 Posts
Not yet...not sure they have rolled out OTA updates here yet. I heard they were testing on demos and press fleet...hopefully they will iron out any bugs before we get it - maybe we’ll ger V1.8? :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet...not sure they have rolled out OTA updates here yet. I heard they were testing on demos and press fleet...hopefully they will iron out any bugs before we get it - maybe we’ll ger V1.8? :)
Greg what sort of consumption figures are you getting, just did a trip to perth and back with 100km on open road, and 50 km urban driving, all up 300km, did a one hour top up at an AC shopping centre charger so picked up about 11kwh there
, kept the speed down to 90kph and got 20.7 kwh/100km. Its the best i have got so far :(

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
236 Posts
Greg what sort of consumption figures are you getting, just did a trip to perth and back with 100km on open road, and 50 km urban driving, all up 300km, did a one hour top up at an AC shopping centre charger so picked up about 11kwh there
, kept the speed down to 90kph and got 20.7 kwh/100km. Its the best i have got so far :(
I think 20.7 is pretty good TBH. We’ve done 1568 km and average efficiency for total is 22.8 kWh/100 km. Note temps since we got the car have been in the 10 C range give or take, with best temp around 18 C. Hopefully it will improve when it gets warmer. We try to pre-heat while plugged in before departing. That does help. For example yesterday we did ~200 km trip...first half used not much heat and got about 20.5 kWh/100 km. Way back was much worse as we used more heat and more uphill, so total trip was 23.3 kWh/100 km. About 1/3 was 110 kph, the rest was 60-80 kph. I did put my foot down a couple times. The final 79 km mostly uphill leg at mostly 110 kph we got around 29 kWh/100 km. Just looking at our spreadsheet, on warmer days we’re doing ~21 kWh/100 km and on colder days it’s more like 23-25 kWh/100 km. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think 20.7 is pretty good TBH. We’ve done 1568 km and average efficiency for total is 22.8 kWh/100 km. Note temps since we got the car have been in the 10 C range give or take, with best temp around 18 C. Hopefully it will improve when it gets warmer. We try to pre-heat while plugged in before departing. That does help. For example yesterday we did ~200 km trip...first half used not much heat and got about 20.5 kWh/100 km. Way back was much worse as we used more heat and more uphill, so total trip was 23.3 kWh/100 km. About 1/3 was 110 kph, the rest was 60-80 kph. I did put my foot down a couple times. The final 79 km mostly uphill leg at mostly 110 kph we got around 29 kWh/100 km. Just looking at our spreadsheet, on warmer days we’re doing ~21 kWh/100 km and on colder days it’s more like 23-25 kWh/100 km. Hope that helps!
thanks for the reply and your figures are very similar to mine, I think the challenge for us is the 20" wheels, not going to change them so will just have to accept it and see if we pick up a little bit. On trip today saw a Ampol is going to build a fuel stop at an interchange and hope they do what they said they would do over east and put a fast charger in, will be an ideal stop for me as its half way to perth :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the reply and your figures are very similar to mine, I think the challenge for us is the 20" wheels, not going to change them so will just have to accept it and see if we pick up a little bit. On trip today saw a Ampol is going to build a fuel stop at an interchange and hope they do what they said they would do over east and put a fast charger in, will be an ideal stop for me as its half way to perth :)
ohhh and normal petrol was $1.92c a litre and high octane was $1.98

1 - 6 of 6 Posts