Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience issues with audio not playing at all? It happened to me twice yesterday, both on my way to work and on my way home. Songs would show as playing, but no audio would come out (this was an iPhone connected via bluetooth). Even switching to Sirius or Spotify from the built-in apps wouldn't work. Yes my phone was showing max volume, yes I tried increasing/decreasing volume on the car. The only remedy in both cases was to hold the center button below the main display past the screen cleaning mode to force a full reboot. Upon reboot it would function as expected. I hadn't heard of this issue elsewhere, so thought I'd inquire here to see if others have experienced this.

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
29 Posts
Yeah, I had this happen to me last week for the first time, I tried to do "power off car" from the settings which didn't help, but by then I was stopped at a shop so got out, locked the car, walked round the shop for 10 mins and it was fine when I got back in. Pretty annoying though!

·
Registered
14 Posts
This has been an ongoing problem for me and my Recharge. Had it right when I bought the car in 2021 and it rears its ugly head periodically. It came back AGAIN just this weekend, right after the latest software install. There was no audio for my iPhone music, via bluetooth, despite the fact it was still communicating, ie play/pause and advance song worked just fine. I called Volvo and our local dealer (again!) to schedule a service appt only to have the problem clear up literally when I got off the phone! The irony is I told the dealer I was going to drive the car in soon just so someone in service could witness the problem, so if by chance the problem disappears they won't think I'm crazy. It's nuts.

And yes, forcing a full reboot has been a working remedy. But it shouldn't do this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This has been an ongoing problem for me and my Recharge. Had it right when I bought the car in 2021 and it rears its ugly head periodically. It came back AGAIN just this weekend, right after the latest software install. There was no audio for my iPhone music, via bluetooth, despite the fact it was still communicating, ie play/pause and advance song worked just fine. I called Volvo and our local dealer (again!) to schedule a service appt only to have the problem clear up literally when I got off the phone! The irony is I told the dealer I was going to drive the car in soon just so someone in service could witness the problem, so if by chance the problem disappears they won't think I'm crazy. It's nuts.

And yes, forcing a full reboot has been a working remedy. But it shouldn't do this.
I’ve have had this happen to me twice with my iPhone audio. Turning the car off and letting it sit for short period of time has cleared the problem. It’s like this part of the software in the car needs to do a ‘reset’ with the power off and when turned back on, the problem is no longer there. The issue has happened randomly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Restart Infotainment. Press button beneath the center display until screen gets black and the Volvo logo appears. Release button. Infotainment is powered by Google Android Automotive and still has some minor bugs. Both Volvo and Google are working hard to get this system right.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
575 Posts
Anyone else experience issues with audio not playing at all? It happened to me twice yesterday, both on my way to work and on my way home. Songs would show as playing, but no audio would come out (this was an iPhone connected via bluetooth). Even switching to Sirius or Spotify from the built-in apps wouldn't work. Yes my phone was showing max volume, yes I tried increasing/decreasing volume on the car. The only remedy in both cases was to hold the center button below the main display past the screen cleaning mode to force a full reboot. Upon reboot it would function as expected. I hadn't heard of this issue elsewhere, so thought I'd inquire here to see if others have experienced this.
Not an audio issue but a quirk. When I am using OPD for daily use and have music playing on Apple ITunes, and I use the brakes sometimes, the track that’s currently playing pauses. This behavior doesn’t happen when I am off OPD.

It doesn’t bother me, as I feel the car senses a bit of “safety issue”, since I brake and OPD decelerate.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not an audio issue but a quirk. When I am using OPD for daily use and have music playing on Apple ITunes, and I use the brakes sometimes, the track that’s currently playing pauses. This behavior doesn’t happen when I am off OPD.

It doesn’t bother me, as I feel the car senses a bit of “safety issue”, since I brake and OPD decelerate.
hm, I have had to use the break and use OPD all the time and my music has never paused. I do sometimes here a faint clicking sound coming from around the steering wheel...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Restart Infotainment. Press button beneath the center display until screen gets black and the Volvo logo appears. Release button. Infotainment is powered by Google Android Automotive and still has some minor bugs. Both Volvo and Google are working hard to get this system right.
Just curious how you know Volvo and Google are working hard to fix it. Every time I've called Volvo or spoke with the service department at our local dealer, no one knows what I'm talking about. There never seems to be any inside awareness or accountability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts