Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone has a contact number for AT & T to ask this question? (all the numbers I have called has no information).

Does anyone subscribe to the AT&T unlimited data plan for the XC 40? I have an AT&T dataplan purchased for my vehicle and the online account shows a vehicle mobile number beginning with area code (646) --a local New York area code. When I call this number it always says phone not available. My previous vehicle (Impala 2015) actually has a virtual phone in the car that can be dialed and used as a regular phone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is the AT&T data plan not just for the Wi-Fi hotspot? I haven't seen it listed anywhere that it provides a mobile number that can be used in the car. They do have their On Call service but that's just for vehicle information, roadside assistance and emergency services.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone has a contact number for AT & T to ask this question? (all the numbers I have called has no information).

Does anyone subscribe to the AT&T unlimited data plan for the XC 40? I have an AT&T dataplan purchased for my vehicle and the online account shows a vehicle mobile number beginning with area code (646) --a local New York area code. When I call this number it always says phone not available. My previous vehicle (Impala 2015) actually has a virtual phone in the car that can be dialed and used as a regular phone.
Yes, I wonder the same thing. My car has been assigned a phone number in my local area code. When I call it, I get a message that "this user is not accepting calls now." The car hasn't been running when I've tried this. I guess the next thing to try is now obvious. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
The AT&T plan is restricted to data only, there is no phone service included. I would imagine there is little need/demand for it as the majority of people just pair their mobile device.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The AT&T plan is restricted to data only, there is no phone service included. I would imagine there is little need/demand for it as the majority of people just pair their mobile device.
While this may be true in normal circumstances, the ability to use satellite connection to use a phone would prove very useful in an emergency and way up the mountain or wilderness where no cell tower can be reached.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts