Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to store seat and mirror positions to a driver profile?

My wife and I each have a seat positions stored via the M/1/2 buttons on the driver's door. Our Android driver profiles seem to be storing different seat positions than that saved in either of the "1" or "2" buttons.

And the positions stored in our driver profiles appear to be backwards - my driver profile has the seat so close to the steering wheel that I can't get my knees in the car, and my wife's driver profile won't let her reach the pedals. Having the "1" and "2" buttons available to press is what lets us use the car.

I'd like to adjust the seat and mirrors to a correct position for me, then positively save that setup to my driver profile, and do the same for my wife. Can't figure out how to make it stick.

I guess having only two stored seat position buttons, but the possibility of ten driver profiles, does imply that the positions stored by the two buttons may not be related to those stored in a driver profile.

The user manual is of no help - other than saying that positions are stored in a driver profile.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Yes. Whatever memory position the profile is in last is what is set when you activate that profile. I have to keep telling the wife not to touch the memory buttons, if her profile does not switch to automatically pull down screen and change profile and seat will move. Be sure to connect each profile to a different key. My Acuras would detect which key opened the driver's door while the P8 seems to be whichever key unlocks the car first or opens a door first, very annoying.

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
25 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to store seat and mirror positions to a driver profile?

My wife and I each have a seat positions stored via the M/1/2 buttons on the driver's door. Our Android driver profiles seem to be storing different seat positions than that saved in either of the "1" or "2" buttons.

And the positions stored in our driver profiles appear to be backwards - my driver profile has the seat so close to the steering wheel that I can't get my knees in the car, and my wife's driver profile won't let her reach the pedals. Having the "1" and "2" buttons available to press is what lets us use the car.

I'd like to adjust the seat and mirrors to a correct position for me, then positively save that setup to my driver profile, and do the same for my wife. Can't figure out how to make it stick.

I guess having only two stored seat position buttons, but the possibility of ten driver profiles, does imply that the positions stored by the two buttons may not be related to those stored in a driver profile.

The user manual is of no help - other than saying that positions are stored in a driver profile.
Have you tried creating two different profiles and then associate each one for a specific key fob?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Does one need a different google account for a second profile? We share one google as a family. And yea we get each other’s advertisements :)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Does one need a different google account for a second profile? We share one google as a family. And yea we get each other’s advertisements :)
You need a separate account, I think it can be a Volvo account. Since my wife has a T5 we created here a non-gmail Google account that she uses for my YouTube premium and her profile in my P8.

I have the admin profile and a\connect it to my key, we set up her profile and connect to her key. Memory position 1 is me, and 2 is her. The profile seems to use what every memory position was set when the profile as last used. So if I push memory 2 while my profile is in use the next time my profile is used it will go to memory 2.
The trick is sometimes she gets to the car before me and opens the back and the car unlocks with her key then I get in and it may have her profile. Her -roiled moves the seats to memory 2 and pairs with her phone. If I switch the profile back to mine, the seats more to memory 1 and it pairs with my phone. Any apps associated with the profile change on the center screen.

It is very picky and can get confused if 2 people with a key and connected profile get to the car and it seems to depend on who unlocks it.
Like I said, out Acura’s everything was linked to a key, so whatever memory position was set for a given key would be selected when that key was detected opening the driver’s door irregardless of who may have unlocked the car from the remote or another door. Another Swedish quirk.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
8 Posts
It is very picky and can get confused if 2 people with a key and connected profile get to the car and it seems to depend on who unlocks it.
We noticed this too and if we are traveling together we make sure only the driver has their keys with them or that the driver is the first one to approach/get into the car (though you can always fix it by switching the profile). At one point I thought maybe it was detecting the matched phone but that doesn't seem to be the case. The key fob seems to be the key.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
190 Posts
Only works in our new Volvo XC40 P8 when we use a key fob to lock the car and then unlock as one of us approaches. Whoever uses their key to manually unlock the car gets the "settings."

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
We have had the car adjust if it has sat a while and then only one key get s in car it will switch profile. Not reliably unless it is a full unlock. Seems to be time based if not locked.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@He Keith thanks, got it, we just weren't waiting for the driver profile to switch and were pressing the door seat position button just before the switch occurred. So the last seat position was stored into the wrong profile.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
It is a bit quirky. Would be nice for the profile to have a setting to pick the default memory position for that profile, but once you get the hand of it it works most of the time. Just always have the driver approach and unlock a door then otherwise use the main screen pull down to switch profiles.

Reactions: hankxc40rc

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Incidentally, I just verified that the seat positions stored with the driver profile are independent of any positions stored in the door panel M/1/2 buttons. So you can have as many sets of stored seat positions as you have driver profiles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.