Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The interior is clearly well thought out and progressive, so I’m wondering- is the smal compartment in front of the gear shifter an ash tray? Or does it have some other intended purpose?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Interesting point. The user guide does not mention ash tray at all but seeing that you can pull it out, has ridges inside and can be closed, ash tray would be a logical thing. However, I find that my iPhone stands up perfectly in the slot so it has been my phone stand.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am quite sure it is intended for the key fob. It obviously can be used for other things
There are actually two small plastic ridges inside the back wall of the rear-most cupholder that is intended for you to be able to slide the keyfob down into. The small compartment with the lid ahead of the gear shifter was designed to hold a phone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The interior is clearly well thought out and progressive, so I’m wondering- is the smal compartment in front of the gear shifter an ash tray? Or does it have some other intended purpose?
In my manual it refers to this compartment with the spring loaded lid in front of the shift knob as an ashtray.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts