Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC 40 Recharge Sage Green
155 Posts
Share with you the progress of my XC 40 in Armouring process, with 17 mm bullet proof glass (magnum .44 resistant) and kevlar panels.

May sound strange to many of you, but pretty common here in Brazil.

Total process will add 115 kg to the car.

View attachment 1718

View attachment 1719
Taking Brazil off my travel bucket list.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I suggested in another thread that the P8 would be ideal for armoring. All that horse power and I already heavy weight should shrug off the extra wrought from the armor.

Only 115kg not bad at all!!

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
549 Posts
Also Russia, Columbia, Mexico, South Africa and many other countries too...

BTW Tesla Cyber Truck will use the same Armoured Glass in USA.
That seems like fun. I have seen the electric fences on the houses there but did not think about making a common car armored. Any way my experience is 10 years old and includes Rio,São Paulo, Santos, Rio Grande, Itajai. Beaches and landscape are unbelievable. Brazil is so beautiful too bad that crime is out of control. It is not just Brazil other countries too. I have very good memories from there. Brazilian beef was so good. Enjoy your car and post some more pics after. Congratulations.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
516 Posts
Interesting. Thank you for sharing. If I may ask a question, what is the add on cost to do something like that as a percentage of the vehicle? (10%, 20%, etc.)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Are you noticing a difference in the consumption? Bummer that you lost the ability to open the sunroof. Can you still operate the sunroof cover?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cost was 16k Usd, or 24% of vehicle cost.

Yes, I can open the Windows, very fast.

Sunroof is now one fixed glass, so it does not Open.

Did not check consumption before, since the car was shipped directly from volvo to the shop.

Thanks all for comments... if any of ever come to Brazil I can offer you a safe ride !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.