Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Android Automotive OS is pretty cool and I'm excited about it, but it's easy to tell it's still new and there aren't a ton of apps for it yet. What things do you like or dislike about it? What apps would you like to see most for it? I use Google Podcasts to listen to my podcasts, and I was disappointed that it doesn't exist for AAOS yet! I know several other podcast apps do, but I'd like to my car to start from where I last stopped on the podcast and I'm not prepared to switch to another podcast service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a tip. Google Podcasts is built into the assistant and it works without an app. Just say 'hey Google resume the podcast I was listening to' or 'hey Google play the latest episode of the X podcast'.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a tip. Google Podcasts is built into the assistant and it works without an app. Just say 'hey Google resume the podcast I was listening to' or 'hey Google play the latest episode of the X podcast'.
Oh awesome, thanks so much! Still learning a lot about this car.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
A better route planner. Which polestar already got a beta of so fingers crossed …

Would like a (when your charging only) Netflix :)

Reactions: Peter (UK)

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
149 Posts
Reactions: Clocky

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some of the people mentioning Netflix and movies makes me want YouTube TV too. If I go for a long drive and need to charge for 30 minutes, wouldn't it be nice to be able to watch TV for a bit while I wait? I don't think it should work unless you're in park, but that would be sweet and I don't see why they couldn't do this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Youtube music playlists to display - the only Playlist I see is my "likes"
It shows all of my playlists. Are you sure you're on the right YouTube music account? I ask only because I somehow had two connected to my Gmail, and the wrong one was connected in the car so I had something similar before. I deleted my other unused account to get past it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oddly enough, I can see one of my playlists (out of 8) but it's not under the playlists tab - I'm definitely logged into the right account, I've tried logging out and back in but no joy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts