Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Apple Watch and Volvo app

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  BigVikC40Dadda 
#1 ·
Does anyone use their Apple Watch to start their car? I’ve only had my watch for about a month now but recently the Volvo app stopped working. I try and open it but it just crashes immediately. I believe it was working fine prior to a watch software update but can’t remember exactly when it stopped working. - thinking that could be the problem.
Anyone else have this problem? I tried deleting the app on the watch and reinstalling it but no luck.

#7 ·
If you search for Volvo App on Applke Watch, you will see it's in the works. The initial release was called Volvo On Call for just a few cars operating under Sensus and, according to some, was functional only in Sweden.
"Volvo On Call is an app that allows you to literally take control over everyday elements in your Volvo. You can set heater timings for those cold and frosty mornings or cool down your car in hot weather, check your fuel level and mileage, or time to next service. It even helps you to locate your car in a crowded parking garage," explains David Holecek, Director Connected Products and Services at Volvo Cars.

In another article at ComputerWorld, Vovlo is said to have the WAtch at the center of its service technician system.

So, how can an Apple Watch in a garage improve customer service?
In use, the engineer will receive a Notification when a customer arrives at the garage with their car.

• The watch will show the customer’s name, relevant notes, and car details.
  • During the repair, engineers can access information — and once the repair is complete, they can directly call the customer to tell them.
  • They can also schedule and make a subsequent follow-up call.

Using the Volvo Cars app* with Apple Watch | Volvo Cars app | Volvo On Call | XC60 Recharge Plug-in Hybrid 2022 Early | Volvo Support

Now Your Can Control Your Volvo from Your Apple Watch | Steingold Volvo Cars

#9 ·
seems to be working on updated version 5.24.0 :)
NOT IN THE STATES.

There is no mention of Apple Watch support on the Volvo Cars app description in the iPhone's App Store. Updated this morning to 5.245 and ,for the first time, "Volvo Cars" is now at the very bottom of the list of available apps for the Watch, visible in the Watch app on my iPhone. I successfully installed it to the Watch. As expected, when opened, I get a screen on the Watch that says the Volvo Cars app does not support Apple Watch in my region/country and to stay tuned.

#11 ·
Has anyone opened and tested the Volvo Cars App through Apple iwatch to see if it’s functionality works after OTA2.9 was deployed? for Apple IWatch? This is what my current series 7 IWatch states, and I believe it has to do with the current Volvo mobile app release 5.27 not being compatible. Curious about when this could potentially be fixed by Volvo?

Rectangle Motor vehicle Font Handwriting Gas

#12 ·
None of the other Volvo international forums and FB have reported Watch working. Some folks seem to think Volvo's software team listens to custumers/drivers so maybe drop them a note. Personally, I do not think the software team listens to customers in the least. They have a long list of goals (some things are not easy; some things are impossible) and they work with limited resources when it comes to supporting the legacy cars. The action, the fun team, is working on 2026 and future cars.