Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Maybe, but they moved to a half baked solution. The latest Sense in the 21 XC40 is excellent, works great, close support is excellent and is very responsive. My wife’s T5 has all the quotes features, XM, CarPlay, VOC, etc. and is a complete functional car, unlike the P8 which is an premature and not there. What is the point of releasing such a half baked car at the expense of alienating customers. I am new to Volvo and this will be my last Volvo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think they have finally realized that consumer electronics is not their forte; hence the move to the Google platform. A very wise move in my opinion although I’m personally not a Google fan. Other manufacturers will follow suit. Other than Tesla, most are just already dated and awkward from day one, no matter how much the car costs.
sadly it seems you are correct. In order to have a technologically advanced vehicle manufacturers are going to have to fully support a team of developers who are endlessly working on keeping their products ahead of the ball; and of corse this means live firmware and software updates live to the car. I was dismayed when during my 10K service I was told that I would only receive and update if there was a problem I could specifically detail. Guess I'm not going to sell my stock in Tesla after all.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts