Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the wireless charging pad and Apple CarPlay integration (via a cable) the vehicle is crying out for the Wireless CarPlay option.

Does anyone have any insights as to if this might be enabled in the future via a firmware upgrade?

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum, fusion red with charcoal leather interior
3 Posts
Agree. I was surprised it did not have wireless CarPlay. I ordered a dongle adapter as a workaround.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree. I was surprised it did not have wireless CarPlay. I ordered a dongle adapter as a workaround.
Me too. It's installed and running. There is a very slight lag when pushing buttons on the touchscreen. Otherwise ok.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, it is a weird implementation to have to connect the iPhone for CarPlay when you have a wireless charger. It defeats the purpose, unless you charge a second iPhone. I also have the dongle, and the lag is really minimal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, it is a weird implementation to have to connect the iPhone for CarPlay when you have a wireless charger. It defeats the purpose, unless you charge a second iPhone. I also have the dongle, and the lag is really minimal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it possible to connect Iphone with Apple CarPlay without USB cable?
Unfortunately the car (at least until the 2020 model) didn't have wireless CarPlay. It is possible to get a receiver to keep it plugged in the car, and gives you wireless CarPlay, but this receiver has to be plugged to the car. The one I bought is called CPLAY2air and it works really well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts