Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed something different tonight. Car had been plugged in earlier and was charged to 80% and was completed with charge. Pulled the app up and where it normally shows solid green at the charging port after charging complete, it was yellow. Went out to the car and the actual indicator light at charge point was green. Display showed green, charge complete, everything was normal.

Anyone else notice this?

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
535 Posts
Noticed something different tonight. Car had been plugged in earlier and was charged to 80% and was completed with charge. Pulled the app up and where it normally shows solid green at the charging port after charging complete, it was yellow. Went out to the car and the actual indicator light at charge point was green. Display showed green, charge complete, everything was normal.

Anyone else notice this?
I also have this yellow indication at charge point on app and thought that was normal when it was properly charged and showing idle even though car showed green.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have this yellow indication at charge point on app and thought that was normal when it was properly charged and showing idle even though car showed green.
It might be normal, I guess I just never noticed it before… I am pretty sure it had always displayed solid green when finished with charge, mirroring the light at the charge port.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I’ve been experimenting with this. After charge completed last night, it showed yellow and “PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING” in the app although it was green on the vehicle and was of course charged. Tried unplugging and plugging back in. It would just go back to yellow.

This morning I rebooted the head unit, and plugged it back in and it worked like it always had before, indicating green and “DONE CABLE CONNECTED” when fully charged and plugged in.

…came home this afternoon and plugged in to charge. When charge completed it was back to showing yellow in spite of vehicle portindicating green.

starting to wonder if it’s an app or onboard issue?

· Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Onyx, 01/21, v2.5
76 Posts
Has it always gone to yellow on the app after finishing the charge?
Yellow is a relatively new feature in the app. I have a ChargePoint set with a charging schedule. Previously, if I plugged in before the charging window, the app would show the cable but no color. Recently it has started showing yellow instead. Not sure what it does after charging, I’m usually asleep at that point 🙂

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yellow is a relatively new feature in the app. I have a ChargePoint set with a charging schedule. Previously, if I plugged in before the charging window, the app would show the cable but no color. Recently it has started showing yellow instead. Not sure what it does after charging, I’m usually asleep at that point 🙂
I see. When the app on my phone is indicating yellow, the charge information when opened up states “PLUGGED IN - NOT CHARGING” which is technically true. I wonder though, why the on-board vehicle indications read “DONE - CABLE CONNECTED” and are green (charging port and instrument panel). The mismatched information has me curious.

Thank you for the response. Everything seems to point to new app behavior.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For anyone else who has noticed this… I ended up communicating with the department that handles this late last year and was informed that they were aware of this and it will be corrected in future updates, but even after today’s update it continues.

It’s not a drastic issue at least.

· Registered
448 Posts
Yellow is fine by me. As mentioned above, I see that when plugged in but my EVSE hasn’t started sending power yet for TOU. It’s nice to check and see it’s connected and ready.

Reactions: VolvoElectric

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yellow is fine by me. As mentioned above, I see that when plugged in but my EVSE hasn’t started sending power yet for TOU. It’s nice to check and see it’s connected and ready.
In that case shouldn’t it display blue on the app, mirroring what is displayed on vehicle? It’s not a huge issue but I don’t understand why the difference in display colors. Each indicate their own function…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.