Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curios if anyone has tinted the roof glass? While there is a sun shade if I put my hand up there I can feel the heat coming into the car. Curios if anyone has any experience with tinted roofs? Also has anyone dark tinted it to cut down on the sun? Asking because thinking of ordering a C40, but the unshaded glass is a turn off for me, so I want a 5% black tint, but was curios if anyone has done this on their current of previous cars. I see a few scattered posts, curios on first hand experience, especially if you went dark tint.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought the XC40 roof is tinted, its not clear. Maybe in australia they come tinted as standard

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not well enough to block out a lot of heat or sun. And the C40 has not sunshade. Take your car out on a hot sunny day and hold your hand just beneath the closed shad and you will feel the heat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is tinted but as mentioned still lets in a lot of IR energy. I am getting ceramic film put on all the way around next week. The roof film will be 80% transmissivity (I generally like the darkness of the OEM tint on the roof) but the specs say it has 42% solar rejection so I am looking forward to the hopefully cooler interior. I’m also going darker on all the windows.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had top 6in of Windshield done in 5% and it is still not dark enough for the roof for me, but will have work. The main reason I am interested is we may order a C40 and with no sun shade I need to cut the light and heat down, so mith as well try it on the XC40 first.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Is there an option to add the sunshade to the c40?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. My guess is no room because of the sloped roof.

Reactions: SeattleCat
1 - 10 of 10 Posts