Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else has seen this message? This popped up a few days ago and shows up every time I get in the car. I called the Volvo dealer (Galpin Volvo in Van Nuys, CA) and they basically said “yeah you should bring it in” but the scheduler said their isn’t appointments for 3 weeks. I told her it sounds urgent and she basically said tough luck. I asked for a loaner and they said they don’t have any. I emailed the general manager but of course he hasn’t responded.
Gadget Font Display device Electric blue Multimedia
Font Gadget Audio equipment Gas Electric blue

·
Registered
325 Posts
Anyone else has seen this message? This popped up a few days ago and shows up every time I get in the car. I called the Volvo dealer (Galpin Volvo in Van Nuys, CA) and they basically said “yeah you should bring it in” but the scheduler said their isn’t appointments for 3 weeks. I told her it sounds urgent and she basically said tough luck. I asked for a loaner and they said they don’t have any. I emailed the general manager but of course he hasn’t responded.
View attachment 1412 View attachment 1413
No sorry have not experienced this - but sounds like the scheduler does not understand the situation or the type of vehicle it is. They should have some open slots for critical repair issues or they could bump some minor nonurgent jobs.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Odd that something pops up as urgent but tells you to drive to your service center not knowing how far it is away. You would think it would say please get towed to a nearby center. Anyone know if the car is safe to drive with that message? How far at what risk to the car or driver. Be nice if there was some information on what you can expect during your “careful drive to the service center”.

Have you tried other service centers nearby? Your car should be able to receive service at any Center.

The lack of loners seems to be an in going problem. With the car shortage I wonder if this is the same at other car manufacturers dealerships.

Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got this message this week. Called Volvo on call and they said I would need to tow to the dealer. Dealer gave me the same “we’re really busy and there’s a car shortage so tough luck”. The next day they said they raise a ticket with Volvo and said it was a software issue and ran a software update (including version 1.7) and haven’t seen it since.

so on the plus side, it doesn’t sound like it’s a mechanical failure and you’re prob ok if the error goes away as you use it.

I did have to play a little hardball to get them to look at it, but it helped that Volvo on call actually towed it to them and had them check it in.

good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts