Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
There might be a very easy way - look at the badge at the back, for 2022 the 'P8' reference seems to be gone. Mine (2022) says 'Recharge Twin'.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dont laugh, I think so, was trying to take a lot in as I was driving, got the active cruise control and it started blinking at me as i had no hands on the wheel as I was on the freeway, I was more interested in what it was like in suburbia as anything looks good on a freeway. I know the dealer here was still trying to learn about the car, had it less then a week, even the receptionist was doing online tutorials on it, its certainly their hero car. They had a backlog of people to test drive it even though there were none available unless they had already ordered it.
Well that’s good to hear - if it was telling you to put your hands back on the wheel it definitely has pilot assist. Yay! Not that I am bothered one way or the other, but my partner wanted a Tesla and if the Volvo didn’t come with Pilot Assist I think there would be trouble in River City as they say! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well we had a chance to test drive the car today...dealers have just gotten their demos (all the ones that came to AUS are model year 2022 cars). All I can say is it was awesome! The acceleration is crazy fast - and so smooth and the ride even with 20-inch wheels (standard on the AUS spec cars as they are fully loaded) was good. Looking forward to taking delivery within a week or so!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well we had a chance to test drive the car today...dealers have just gotten their demos (all the ones that came to AUS are model year 2022 cars). All I can say is it was awesome! The acceleration is crazy fast - and so smooth and the ride even with 20-inch wheels (standard on the AUS spec cars as they are fully loaded) was good. Looking forward to taking delivery within a week or so!
I think the reason its rides so well on the 20 inch wheels is the extra 500kg that deadens out the bumps, I was aiming for the pot holes. It felt like a plush tank riding on rails. Think you will love it, just organising a charging point at home for it

·
Registered
934 Posts
I noticed local dealers here in ATL are starting to show their 22 P8 inbound inventory.

·
Registered
18 Posts
you must of pre-ordered yours as well to be getting one so soon, what colour you getting?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
you must of pre-ordered yours as well to be getting one so soon, what colour you getting?
Yes, we ordered back in July when the online order system went live. Wanted Bursting Blue but that was cancelled for 2022, so we went with Fusion Red. When do you get yours?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, we ordered back in July when the online order system went live. Wanted Bursting Blue but that was cancelled for 2022, so we went with Fusion Red. When do you get yours?
wanted the sage green but ended up with white

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here in Canada is big traffic jam. Everything is going late. Forest fires on the west coast helped a lot. My car is still in Halifax sitting there already 3 weeks.
Just question to you all, which week your 2022 were made? Just curious if we are getting the same batch. Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
The door tag only shows month/year, mine is in my signature.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
109 Posts
Mine was built in Feb and most here are all prior to mid June 2021w22

·
Registered
14 Posts
2021 w21 or w22 do not remember exactly. Means build somewhere end of May or beginning of June. Seems we are all getting the first cars for model 2022.
Realistically I thing mine is going to arrive second half of October. The only frustrating part is that one of the $6,000 rebate programs (I only qualify for that one as I max everything on the car. Scrap-it BC) is expiring end of October. Still time, don`t know. I already installed the charger in the garage as it was expected to arrive next week. Ugh... Will keep driving my dinosaurs for now.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
109 Posts
2021 w21 or w22 do not remember exactly. Means build somewhere end of May or beginning of June. Seems we are all getting the first cars for model 2022.
Realistically I thing mine is going to arrive second half of October. The only frustrating part is that one of the $6,000 rebate programs (I only qualify for that one as I max everything on the car. Scrap-it BC) is expiring end of October. Still time, don`t know. I already installed the charger in the garage as it was expected to arrive next week. Ugh... Will keep driving my dinosaurs for now.
Anything prior to 2021w22 (mid June) is a 2021 and after that week they are 2022

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from the UK… I’ve been driving a 2022 Recharge Twin Pro with Pilot Assist etc since the end of June. I really like the Pilot Assist and use it in urban areas as a form of speed limiter - after many years of driving Mercedes cars I don’t understand why you have to choose speed limiter or cruise control and can’t switch more easily between them?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
109 Posts
Greetings from the UK… I’ve been driving a 2022 Recharge Twin Pro with Pilot Assist etc since the end of June. I really like the Pilot Assist and use it in urban areas as a form of speed limiter - after many years of driving Mercedes cars I don’t understand why you have to choose speed limiter or cruise control and can’t switch more easily between them?
The Manual shows these two images for pilot assist and is the way Volvo does it in any other car, until the last previous update where they moved it to central panel for Recharge, I suspect this is a temporary move at least I hope so.

Font Circle Logo Brand Electric blue
Vehicle Audio equipment Car Automotive design Red

21 - 38 of 38 Posts