Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I've tried all the phone numbers and all the email addresses and all the chat functions. No one at Volvo USA can -- or will -- help me track my C40 order which I find just nutty. It gets stupidly circular: "If you provide me with the VIN I can check on your order status for you." "All I have is the order number." "Oh, you can track your order with the Volvo app." "No, I cannot. The app requires a VIN to track an order." "Oh. I see. Do you know the VIN? "Umm, no, that's why I'm talking to you." "Oh. what is your order number?" "####" "Just a moment. I cannot see the status report without the VIN." "click"
Don't worry, even if you have a VIN you can't track it. I have my VIN but the app doesn't let me track anything, it just says to call customer service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did you order a 22 or 23 They stopped production of the 22’s awhile ago
I ordered a 22 but will receive a 23 I would have thought. not that anyone has given me any info about what I’m getting.

since ordering the extent of the info I’ve had is purely timescales.. first July, then august, then sept, then oct, now I’m told it will be delivered in Nov.. I was told last Monday that it will be at the dealers ‘in the next few days. Chased on Friday and got ignored lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got an update - car still hasn’t arrived. Apparently it’s still with the importer somewhere and they hope for delivery to the dealer by the end of the month but also to have it delivered to me by the end of the month..

Assuming it was built in Belgium I could have got the train there in about 4 hours and driven it home weeks ago lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got an update - car still hasn’t arrived. Apparently it’s still with the importer somewhere and they hope for delivery to the dealer by the end of the month but also to have it delivered to me by the end of the month..

Assuming it was built in Belgium I could have got the train there in about 4 hours and driven it home weeks ago lol
mine was with the importer for nearly 3 weeks so sit tight and that wait is the worst as you know its in the country! the last date I was told was mid October and eventually the car was delivered to the dealer on the 2nd November - customs was holding it and a few cars up at the time! the supplying dealer will get a 72 hour warning when its loaded on to a transporter and out for delivery so untill you get that its a waiting game

·
Registered
227 Posts
If I had that option, that's what I'd have done. Here in the States, according to the legends told by bards and mystics, Belgium fills up a boat, the boat steams across the Atlantic to ports on the East Coast where cars are loaded onto trucks or rails and distributed. Other boats head to the Panama Canal for passage to the Pacific and West Coast ports. That adds at least a week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
mine was with the importer for nearly 3 weeks so sit tight and that wait is the worst as you know its in the country! the last date I was told was mid October and eventually the car was delivered to the dealer on the 2nd November - customs was holding it and a few cars up at the time! the supplying dealer will get a 72 hour warning when its loaded on to a transporter and out for delivery so untill you get that its a waiting game
Thanks that’s good to know

I don’t know how long it’s been with the importer, all I know is I’ve had a Podpoint since feb with nothing to charge lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all

just wondering how long people have/are waiting for theirs?

I ordered end of feb 22 and it was originally due in august with reassurances of a quicker delivery. Delivery was then scheduled for yesterday but now it’s ‘November’ lol.

if I go on the Volvo website I can apparently have a twin motor in 5 weeks.. surely I’m missing something? Dealer isn’t very helpful either as in the uk you can only buy online via cash or subscription for some reason.

funnily enough I cancelled a Audi Q4 for this as the Audi was ordered in Aug 21 and never arrived so I cancelled for a car that would turn up on time :)

oh, for reference Its a C40 Twin Ultimate in Thunder Grey
I ordered my C40 Single motor core trim via company car fleet in April 22 and expecting delivery Jan 23 so there seems to be some sort of queue which is pushing along slowly.

I regularly go on Autotrader and lease websites and all quote same time frames. The trims in stock at the moment in the UK are the Pro and Ultimate twin motor versions, haven't seen any single motor variants in stock.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Volvo delivery schedules are looking up in the Northwest. This NOT my car but two red C40s arrived in Boise, Idaho, a few days ago and are being prepped for delivery. I do NOT know ANYTHING about the new owners or the cars. Behind the two C40s is a new blue XC40 getting charged. Also in this shipment were several little sporty and giant SUV ICE Volvos.
Two fresh 2023 C40s, red, Boise, Idaho

We visited the Honda dealer across the auto park. Sales rep says their lines are all moving to hybrids with the first electric arriving in about a year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Volvo delivery schedules are looking up in the Northwest. This NOT my car but two red C40s arrived in Boise, Idaho, a few days ago and are being prepped for delivery. I do NOT know ANYTHING about the new owners or the cars. Behind the two C40s is a new blue XC40 getting charged. Also in this shipment were several little sporty and giant SUV ICE Volvos.

We visited the Honda dealer across the auto park. Sales rep says their lines are all moving to hybrids with the first electric arriving in about a year.

So it is confirmed that first red C40 in the picture is ours. Ready for pick up tomorrow. Can’t wait.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
830 Posts
I think Volvo has gone off the planet with the model numbers…. I am going nuts trying to keep the X, E, C and all the other sub categories in my head! Just use E for the pure EV!!!
Much better than calling the “Embla” - I wouldn’t be able to explain to peeps what Embla really stands for. Glad Volvo went with the EX90 (E = Electric; X = keeping it in line with XC90, XC40, XC60 brand identification).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I ordered my C40 Single motor core trim via company car fleet in April 22 and expecting delivery Jan 23 so there seems to be some sort of queue which is pushing along slowly.

I regularly go on Autotrader and lease websites and all quote same time frames. The trims in stock at the moment in the UK are the Pro and Ultimate twin motor versions, haven't seen any single motor variants in stock.
Interesting as I have colleagues who ordered the single motor months after me and all have theirs lol

21 - 40 of 48 Posts