Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

just wondering how long people have/are waiting for theirs?

I ordered end of feb 22 and it was originally due in august with reassurances of a quicker delivery. Delivery was then scheduled for yesterday but now it’s ‘November’ lol.

if I go on the Volvo website I can apparently have a twin motor in 5 weeks.. surely I’m missing something? Dealer isn’t very helpful either as in the uk you can only buy online via cash or subscription for some reason.

funnily enough I cancelled a Audi Q4 for this as the Audi was ordered in Aug 21 and never arrived so I cancelled for a car that would turn up on time :)

oh, for reference Its a C40 Twin Ultimate in Thunder Grey

·
Registered
230 Posts
Depends on your country. Allocations seem to have been sxold out for some models in some countries. Over on Facebook, folks from all over the world are reporting on their successful deliveries. Unfortuately, those posts do not include any relevant information such as their country, how long they waited, or how their relationship with their dealer is affecting their new car experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
mine is a single and was scheduled for delivery in mid October and collection is tomorrow now, I found out this week that a number of cars were stuck in customs recently (mine been one of them!!) the dealer expected 14 cars before the end of October but didn't arrive till the 1st November
so yours might be in the same batch that has been stuck in customs?

and FYI i have bought a C40 through a dealership via PCP so you can buy via a different route!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think it depends on the cars configuration. I've heard that manufacturers produce cars with the most common equipment in regular intervals because they know it will sell.

Mine was slated to be built on 27th September and delivered on 26th October. I came by the dealer on that day and noticed that the cars on their parking lot had a build date of 27th September but dealer stated that mine was pushed back to mid December.

I ordered one with less common equipment so I think the theory I mentioned earlier has some weight to it.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
833 Posts
Hi all

I ordered end of feb 22 and it was originally due in august with reassurances of a quicker delivery. Delivery was then scheduled for yesterday but now it’s ‘November’ lol.

if I go on the Volvo website I can apparently have a twin motor in 5 weeks.. surely I’m missing something? Dealer isn’t very helpful either as in the uk you can only buy online via cash or subscription for some reason.

funnily enough I cancelled a Audi Q4 for this as the Audi was ordered in Aug 21 and never arrived so I cancelled for a car that would turn up on time :)

Good luck! The wait time just varies on so many factors like others here have indicated. My C40 P8 Ultimate took 7 months from order to final delivery, never ever waited this long for anything in my life (except a leather couch and that took a whopping 10 months).

We continue to live in the worst unprecedented times of our lives right now, patience will get you far and lots of it. Hang tight, when you actually get it, drive in it, and leave the dealership your waiting excruciating pain will vanish just immediately.

C40 on! 🔥🔥

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine is a single and was scheduled for delivery in mid October and collection is tomorrow now, I found out this week that a number of cars were stuck in customs recently (mine been one of them!!) the dealer expected 14 cars before the end of October but didn't arrive till the 1st November
so yours might be in the same batch that has been stuck in customs?

and FYI i have bought a C40 through a dealership via PCP so you can buy via a different route!
Wow that’s interesting - dealer must have some form of third party financing? Volvo keep advertising the c40 as only available via CBV!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck! The wait time just varies on so many factors like others here have indicated. My C40 P8 Ultimate took 7 months from order to final delivery, never ever waited this long for anything in my life (except a leather couch and that took a whopping 10 months).

We continue to live in the worst unprecedented times of our lives right now, patience will get you far and lots of it. Hang tight, when you actually get it, drive in it, and leave the dealership your waiting excruciating pain will vanish just immediately.

C40 on! 🔥🔥
Nice!
As for worst times, covid was a warm up.. next two years is going to be horrific.. in the UK at least :)

I’ve given up waiting for cars now anyway after having 4 new cars not delivered over the last 18 months.. passed my motorcycle test a few weeks back and pick up a bike in a few days!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nice!
As for worst times, covid was a warm up.. next two years is going to be horrific.. in the UK at least :)

I’ve given up waiting for cars now anyway after having 4 new cars not delivered over the last 18 months.. passed my motorcycle test a few weeks back and pick up a bike in a few days!
Sweet. I used to be a motorcycle driver Yezdi 250CC a 100 years ago 😉😉!

A Harley Davidson has always been a “wanting”, but the wife will “never” approve. We lived in Central Florida for 15 years and sometimes went to the biktoberfest in Daytona Beach and just admired the bikes that came thundering in from all parts of the country! 😇.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Boise, Idaho, USA, order for C40 placed August 15, 2022. Expected delivery December 1 to January 1. That has not really changed but there is no proactive communication from the dealer so I drop her a note every three wees or so. I'm sure she will call or text when a VIN is issued for my unit. As I understand the process, the VIN will indicate the car and options I ordered have been assembled and are ready to ship.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow that’s interesting - dealer must have some form of third party financing? Volvo keep advertising the c40 as only available via CBV!
Its through Volvo finance so no third party involvement, and back in March the PCP was advised on a different dealership group to the one I went to, so I just asked my local dealer for a quote and it went from there!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Boise, Idaho, USA, order for C40 placed August 15, 2022. Expected delivery December 1 to January 1. That has not really changed but there is no proactive communication from the dealer so I drop her a note every three wees or so. I'm sure she will call or text when a VIN is issued for my unit. As I understand the process, the VIN will indicate the car and options I ordered have been assembled and are ready to ship.
Also in the USA, California. My VIN was assigned on 8/16 and my delivery is today, 11/4. So 2.5 months from VIN assignment. I think at this point Jan 1 feels VERY optimistic. Your dealer should have the targeting week that they will build it, you should ask.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was fortunate that when I signed the agreement on 26 July, the dealer had an open C40 build allocation for November delivery that I could customize. I just picked up the car on 31 Oct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered a T4 PHEV in April which was initially for October, then updated to January 23, then to November 22, then to January 23 and now pushed to February 23 – yes I do ping the dealer monthly.

Dealer stated that there are massive delays and eg iV60 PHEV ordered now are expected to be delivered only in 2024.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I emailed Volvo customer service and gave them my PII details including order number and they were able to furnish my VIN shortly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ended up buying a C40 because the Mustang Mach E I had on order seemed to be taking too long. I ordered the Mustang on 1/6/22 and after a few months of no updates I bought the C40 thinking I'd cancel the Mach E. Well I still haven't cancelled it and currently it's estimated to be delivered sometime in late December, making the wait nearly a year. I don't think I'll go through with the purchase as I'm pretty happy with the C40, but if there is some kind of crazy trade-in to be had or selling the Mach E is advantageous maybe I'd consider.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sweet. I used to be a motorcycle driver Yezdi 250CC a 100 years ago 😉😉!

A Harley Davidson has always been a “wanting”, but the wife will “never” approve. We lived in Central Florida for 15 years and sometimes went to the biktoberfest in Daytona Beach and just admired the bikes that came thundering in from all parts of the country! 😇.
Very nice!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I emailed Volvo customer service and gave them my PII details including order number and they were able to furnish my VIN shortly.
Yeah, I've tried all the phone numbers and all the email addresses and all the chat functions. No one at Volvo USA can -- or will -- help me track my C40 order which I find just nutty. It gets stupidly circular: "If you provide me with the VIN I can check on your order status for you." "All I have is the order number." "Oh, you can track your order with the Volvo app." "No, I cannot. The app requires a VIN to track an order." "Oh. I see. Do you know the VIN? "Umm, no, that's why I'm talking to you." "Oh. what is your order number?" "####" "Just a moment. I cannot see the status report without the VIN." "click"

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah, I've tried all the phone numbers and all the email addresses and all the chat functions. No one at Volvo USA can -- or will -- help me track my C40 order which I find just nutty. It gets stupidly circular: "If you provide me with the VIN I can check on your order status for you." "All I have is the order number." "Oh, you can track your order with the Volvo app." "No, I cannot. The app requires a VIN to track an order." "Oh. I see. Do you know the VIN? "Umm, no, that's why I'm talking to you." "Oh. what is your order number?" "####" "Just a moment. I cannot see the status report without the VIN." "click"
Absolutely ridiculous! I got assigned by a guy named “Jeff” from Volvo Customer Support. Here is his last email to me. They left of the last name from his signature, but he was outstanding. Wouldn’t hurt to ask or call this number (maybe you already have umpteen times). Give it a shot and ask for Jeffrey!

Jeffrey
01/11/2022 09:30 AM

Congratulations on your new C40 Recharge! I hope it gives you many years happy (and safe!) driving. Thank you for sharing the photos with me. It looks absolutely amazing!

Please let me know if you ever need any further assistance. Have a great day and happy motoring!

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Jeff
Volvo Customer Care
201-735-8203

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jeffrey was a tremendous help keeping us informed as well, when our C40 was stuck in port awaiting a repair (for three months!) before it could be delivered.

But shortly before we received our car in May 2022, he let us know that he transferred to a different part of the organization, so he wouldn’t be able to follow our issue any longer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi all

Did you order a 22 or 23? They stopped production of the 22’s awhile ago

1 - 20 of 49 Posts