Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking for good all-weather floor mats for our XC40 P8 Recharge. I contacted Maxpider and Tuxmat, two favorite choices from the Tesla world, and got the following reply from Tuxmat. If anyone nearby Tuxmat's main office in Toronto would care to bring in their P8 for scanning, they would get a free set of mats and the rest of us would have a choice beyond Volvo's set:

Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. Mats for the 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge are in development and will be released in the coming months. To get the process started, we need a vehicle to scan. Each vehicle we provide mats for are scanned in our Toronto warehouse.

If you are near Toronto, we will be able to scan your vehicle in store and make custom mats for it. In return, you will get a set for free.

The scanning process requires you to visit our store located in Scarborough, and takes approximately two hours. The production time for the mats is 6-8 weeks after which we would require you to return to our store to have the mats test fitted into your vehicle.

Would you be willing to allow us to scan your vehicle?

Please let us know at your earliest convenience.

Take care,
Jessica

[email protected]

TuxMat Inc.
2111 McCowan Rd.
Scarborough, ON M1S 3Y6
P: 888-695-8336 ext 240
E: [email protected]

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm still looking for good all-weather floor mats for our XC40 P8 Recharge. I contacted Maxpider and Tuxmat, two favorite choices from the Tesla world, and got the following reply from Tuxmat. If anyone nearby Tuxmat's main office in Toronto would care to bring in their P8 for scanning, they would get a free set of mats and the rest of us would have a choice beyond Volvo's set:

Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. Mats for the 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge are in development and will be released in the coming months. To get the process started, we need a vehicle to scan. Each vehicle we provide mats for are scanned in our Toronto warehouse.

If you are near Toronto, we will be able to scan your vehicle in store and make custom mats for it. In return, you will get a set for free.

The scanning process requires you to visit our store located in Scarborough, and takes approximately two hours. The production time for the mats is 6-8 weeks after which we would require you to return to our store to have the mats test fitted into your vehicle.

Would you be willing to allow us to scan your vehicle?

Please let us know at your earliest convenience.

Take care,
Jessica

[email protected]

TuxMat Inc.
2111 McCowan Rd.
Scarborough, ON M1S 3Y6
P: 888-695-8336 ext 240
E: [email protected]
I might be within a half hour of that area on Friday noon - hopefully my other appointment gets confirmed tomorrow and then I can look to confirm to go to TuxMat as well - will let you know.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yeah I have been hoping as Weathertech has kept promising for almost 4 months and I am lest than impressed with the Weathertech mats in my wife’s T5.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah I have been hoping as Weathertech has kept promising for almost 4 months and I am lest than impressed with the Weathertech mats in my wife’s T5.
I emailed Weathertech, Tuxmat, and Maxpider, and from the responses I received, Tuxmat seems like the only one that will succeed - if someone will drive to Tuxmat's Toronto HQ with their car.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I emailed Weathertech, Tuxmat, and Maxpider, and and from the responses I received, Tuxmat seems like the only one that will succeed - if someone will drive to Tuxmat's Toronto HQ with their car.
Nice work!!! Don’t suppose you know a company who could make the parcel shelf as well :)

• Haha
Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It’s one of the official names for the removable panel that hides the luggage and needs to be removed when you have your pooch in the back.

Reactions: jay_man2

·
Registered
83 Posts
It’s one of the official names for the removable panel that hides the luggage and needs to be removed when you have your pooch in the bac
I learned something new today. I always thought of it as a cargo on tonneau cover, but do see that Volvo uses the term parcel shelf.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I learned something new today. I always thought of it as a cargo on tonneau cover, but do see that Volvo uses the term parcel shelf.
I think I got that from bainbridge. He is a manual diva. Seems an odd name for it as I would never put parcels on it, especially as it tilts when you lift the rear ….

I prefer luggage hidey panel. Or the “no thieves my car is empty, no 14th break in for you” panel :)

Reactions: jay_man2

·
Registered
325 Posts
That would be super if you could! I'm hoping for this kind of complete coverage in a weather-mat set, so Tuxmat would be a great choice:
I was able to confirm my appointment in the Toronto area - I have reached out to Jessica late this afternoon via phone message and email to see if Friday around noon would work for them to do a scan of the Recharge, Once I hear back from her I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was able to confirm my appointment in the Toronto area - I have reached out to Jessica late this afternoon via phone message and email to see if Friday around noon would work for them to do a scan of the Recharge, Once I hear back from her I will let you know the outcome.
I hope it works out. Thank you so, so much.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Eager to see this happen as the factory all-weather mats do not provide enough protection for we driver floor area behind the pedals.

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
325 Posts
I hope it works out. Thank you so, so much.
Afternoon - so a couple of things - got to TuxMat in Toronto Ontario Canada late this morning - they scanned the vehicle and stated that they will let me know when the mats are ready for the test fit - approx. 6-8 weeks so perhaps just before Christmas. If all is good then I would think they would be available to order via their website shortly after the test fit.
IN the AM was at the dealer and had 1.7 update installed (no Charge) here are a few photos of the main screen - Range optimizer looks to be fun - not sure how much it saves in terms of battery - but time will tell. JUst a comment on Range - total drive today was 316.6 kms - half without optimizer and half with it on after install, According to the car I started out at 100% charge - ended the drive at 15% charge - this calculates out to a total drive available if used 100% of battery of 372.6 kms - Range optimizer stated I would be able to go another 60 kms when at 15% so that works out to a total of 376.6 kms - Car showed 20.4 kwh/100 kms, Avg of 66 km/hr Temps today were 17-20 degrees Celsius.
Everything on the car was totally stable after the install - siriusxm was there, Maps were all stable on the drive home (approx.165 kms) in both the main display and driver display - seems to have worked perfectly!!!
Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Car Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Afternoon - so a couple of things - got to TuxMat in Toronto Ontario Canada late this morning - they scanned the vehicle and stated that they will let me know when the mats are ready for the test fit - approx. 6-8 weeks so perhaps just before Christmas. If all is good then I would think they would be available to order via their website shortly after the test fit.
IN the AM was at the dealer and had 1.7 update installed (no Charge) here are a few photos of the main screen - Range optimizer looks to be fun - not sure how much it saves in terms of battery - but time will tell. JUst a comment on Range - total drive today was 316.6 kms - half without optimizer and half with it on after install, According to the car I started out at 100% charge - ended the drive at 15% charge - this calculates out to a total drive available if used 100% of battery of 372.6 kms - Range optimizer stated I would be able to go another 60 kms when at 15% so that works out to a total of 376.6 kms - Car showed 20.4 kwh/100 kms, Avg of 66 km/hr Temps today were 17-20 degrees Celsius.
Everything on the car was totally stable after the install - siriusxm was there, Maps were all stable on the drive home (approx.165 kms) in both the main display and driver display - seems to have worked perfectly!!!
View attachment 1432 View attachment 1433

Thanks for the update, I am eager to get the mats. I hope the C40 front mats turn out to be the same since the underlying platform is the same.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Afternoon - so a couple of things - got to TuxMat in Toronto Ontario Canada late this morning - they scanned the vehicle and stated that they will let me know when the mats are ready for the test fit - approx. 6-8 weeks so perhaps just before Christmas.
Great news all around - a day well spent I hope.
And a big, big thank you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts