Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to own my cars for a few years, and as a Canadian, tend to need a dedicated set of winter tires. So I usually have my winter tires on a dedicated set of rims, which I can swap out myself.

Has anyone else gone looking for an alternate set of wheels for the c40 and have recommendations?

I'm not sure I want to go with a standard set of Costco steelies 😛

Oh, and will I need TPMS sensors on the new wheels? Not sure how those work

·
Registered
58 Posts
I tend to own my cars for a few years, and as a Canadian, tend to need a dedicated set of winter tires. So I usually have my winter tires on a dedicated set of rims, which I can swap out myself.

Has anyone else gone looking for an alternate set of wheels for the c40 and have recommendations?

I'm not sure what kind of winter tires are available in Canada, but I opted for a set of non-studded Continental Viking Contact 7 (VikingContact™ 7: Winter resistance enhanced by German technology | Continental (continental-tires.com)) on staggered 19" Volvo rims. This is made very easy in Sweden because you can order it as a complete kit from Volvo, and they will be delivered to your dealer at the same time as your car.

You will not need any TPMS sensors, since the tire pressure monitoring is done using the ABS sensors on the wheels :)

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
231 Posts

Don’t know how much yet in Canada - last year the Michelins on 19” OEM rims were $3500CDN, so I’m guessing they will be about $4K. Sounds like a lot until you put the package together yourself, and the Volvo rims look pretty sharp!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve seen replies in other forums with someone who bought 18” after market wheels in a “square” setup. Also, the owners manual shows an 18” tire option. Some stated the I.D. (inside diameter) of the wheel at 18” might have close clearance to the caliper.

Anyone running 18”? I am not fired up to buy the expensive 19” “staggered” wheels.

I plan to run studded Nokian Hakkas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts