Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone that has had their XC 40 P8 has any regrets or buyers remorse about their purchase/lease?

Registered
Got ours April 9 - no regrets - no issues - works well - except for the promise of things yet to come thru this year and early next. Dealers need to take a great interest in the car and the need to keep customers informed of when new software updates are available so customers get the full experience - at least until OTA is operational.

Registered

This is my baby before it got its eye patch (got broken in to).
Regrets ZERO, delights so many :)
Okay a regret, wish I could of had this in my 20s :)

Reactions: arijaycomet

Registered
Ha ha Stephen. And yeah that would be a regret :) who knew a xc40 mini suv would be so fun!!

Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
No regrets. I'm a public beta tester for several of the Apple OSs, so being an EV beta tester for Volvo is a natural evolution for me. The take-off acceleration never gets old.

Now, I have to admit that if I were still working 9 to 5 I might have been more reluctant about buying the P8 (or the MME, the MY or the ID.4).

Registered
NO regrets. was about to take delivery on a model Y, and having the overhead camera, more comfort, google integration, quieter, better stereo AND a great deal cheaper after discount and fed tax credits makes me even happier i chose the Volvo.

Registered
( no offense is meant to non P8 xc40 owners )

I regret how in 7 days my P8 completely spoilt me. While my P8 is in to replace a window I got a loaner xc40 (deliberately so I could compare them).

Compared to the P8 it feels awful. Using an ice engine feel anemic, loosing have one pedal is terrible and the crappier ui ( way worse than our google one) all make the experience feel terrible.

I 100% understand why folks look at the xc40 and think why would I spend 10k more on the P8 and yet the P8 feels worth 20k more than the xc40.

Driving Margo (named after the character in the magicians) is a delight. Driving the xc40 just feels depressing.

Registered
( no offense is meant to non P8 xc40 owners )

I regret how in 7 days my P8 completely spoilt me. While my P8 is in to replace a window I got a loaner xc40 (deliberately so I could compare them).

Compared to the P8 it feels awful. Using an ice engine feel anemic, loosing have one pedal is terrible and the crappier ui ( way worse than our google one) all make the experience feel terrible.

I 100% understand why folks look at the xc40 and think why would I spend 10k more on the P8 and yet the P8 feels worth 20k more than the xc40.

Driving Margo (named after the character in the magicians) is a delight. Driving the xc40 just feels depressing.
One week in, absolutely no regrets and none expected. The car is a delight to drive, and that was a concern for me going in as a hard core manual transmission person for forever. I describe the P8 driving experience as silky. OPD is fantastic. Handling is sweet. Android auto works better than I expected. And the car is flat out great looking. One nit: I keep finding ways that the online manual doesn't reflect what is really in the car and so I wish Volvo would update that.

Registered
Yeah the online manual is not the best 鈥
Have you tried going up a steep hill yet with your foot flat down 鈥 hard not to convince your mind you are going to fly :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts