Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in LA and this Monday I am going to get a new XC40 recharge. I am wondering if there is any checklist specialized for this car. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
By checklist do you mean options and things you should have included because there are not a lot of variable options in the models offered. I do not think they are doing user defined P8s for 2021 any more.

That said.
1. make sure you get 3 keys 2black 1 orange) Make sure this is what you are getting before you buy it.
2. get them to set up voc for you. Sure you could do it at home, it might even work but best to get them to do it
3. You want a heat pump (but I think this is default for their packages)
4. Ask about the free charge point stuff (hopefully someone here will say if this is still available)
5. Realize the P8 can be quirky at first and some folks have had problems with ac and the display screen. Both of these problems are fixable now but it is good to know.
6. Further realize some things do not work yet. Apple/android CarPlay. Siri’s radio. Ask for a list of what is not working yet :)
7. Get the car and have a wonderful fun time driving it :) it is a blast to drive.
Cheers

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
691 Posts
Adding to the points above........

1) Confirm if there are certified techs onsite for the P8 (majority of them don't and they'd call and wait for secondary advise from the "Volvo Techs") - hence if ur car goes in for anything, it will take longer than the norm - this is good to know in advance to eliminate surprises

2) To echo SeatlleCat, MUST have 3 Keys and Let them setup the VOC for you onsite - Do everything together, TEST the functions on your App before you drive away (1) SOC battery level (ii) Lock/Unlock (iii) Activate temperature (pre-heat/pre-cool) - it defaults at a static 72 degrees (aka comfort temperature)

3) If you want voice command text message (to Send through Google and/or have it read it for you) - Have them set it up for you (there are permission levels to toggle etc - sure you can do it yourself, but for some, it took trial and errors navigating through the new Infotainment)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
If the car is a late build car you will not get 3 keys, but negotiate the third key into the deal. Have them pair you phone to the car then to Volvo Cars app before you take delivery.

Reactions: SeattleCat

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
261 Posts
If the car is a late build car you will not get 3 keys, but negotiate the third key into the deal.
The keys for the vehicle come in a blister pack. Ask if they still have it which will show how many keys shipped with the vehicle. (In the photo the #1 key is missing because it was being used.)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
But as he Keith said even if they do not have the blister packs for 3 keys make them give you 3.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
691 Posts
Also, check with your car insurance of applicable association with BONUSDRIVE.
I have Amica Insurance, and through BonusDrive, I'd qualified and received a $500 check (backed by Volvo).
Previous owners here, I believe AllState, had also received the check (different month).
Doesn't hurt to check with your insurance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts