Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My android Volvo cars app is grayed out. Cannot access the lock, SOC and timer feature. Volvo support said they are working on it and will not be available until tomorrow afternoon. Anybody having this issue? :(
As of this date 10/08/2021: Issue not fixed, same problem. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
141 Posts
My android Volvo cars app is grayed out. Cannot access the lock, SOC and timer feature. Volvo support said they are working on it and will not be available until tomorrow afternoon. Anybody having this issue? :(
Just tried rebooting App on my iphone and it took a little longer signing in but finally came up with everything indicating properly.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
106 Posts
We’re in Australia - have had our car for a week and the app is very temperamental...often just says “Pair your car with the Volvo Cars app” when I sign into the app...sometimes it shows the lock/unlock state and whether the car is charging, and also whether climate is on/off. It almost never shows the %charge on my phone, but sometimes shows it on my partner’s phone. We both have Android phones (Nokia). Hope we can get it fixed up one day! :)

Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
In 4 months I have yet to be able to even get my Google Pixel 3aXL to pair. I gave up until I get a new phone for now.

Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
170 Posts
My app show no SOC. Log in is ok but SOC has disappeared.

The app is still somewhat flakey. Function seams to come and go. I tend to not be too concerned. It always seems to come back online in a day or so.

Fortunately, I do not use it with any frequency. However, Volvo should get the software issues resolved as others depend on it for vehicle status.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For me it barely ever shows data, and when it does is woefully out of date. I've seen it at 90% and plugged in after an hour of driving it from home. I've never seen the screen to schedule charging time, nor been able to switch climate on...

·
Registered
73 Posts
We’re in Australia - have had our car for a week and the app is very temperamental...often just says “Pair your car with the Volvo Cars app” when I sign into the app...sometimes it shows the lock/unlock state and whether the car is charging, and also whether climate is on/off. It almost never shows the %charge on my phone, but sometimes shows it on my partner’s phone. We both have Android phones (Nokia). Hope we can get it fixed up one day! :)
I have raised a ticket with Volvo Australia over this, will post back when they give me a reply, they said it would take about 2 weeks. What is funny is the people I am talking to in Sydney Volvo havent even driven the car because of lockdowns

·
Registered
325 Posts
Same. I logged out and back in and see the lightning bolt again, but no battery in the main view. If I tap the bolt though SOC is reported there.
Interesting - still tweaking the system at least can still see it - perhaps it is more stable in that location.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
47 Posts
Weird, I just lost SOC indication (not just reporting wrong SOC% but totally gone...).
Other functions seems OK...
Same. Just gone. Odd.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Thunder Grey
47 Posts
I'm on iOS but having the same issue. SOC just disappeared before my eyes this morning when I checked the app. The past few days it was visible but didn't show any %. Hopefully they're overhauling something on the back end to make it more reliable for everyone. I took delivery in early August and the app has worked fairly consistently up until this week. A logout and log back in did not resolve this.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Camera accessory Rectangle Gadget

·
Registered
22 Posts
As a word of caution, I went the whole hog and cleared storage on my Android app. Now it wants me to repair with the vehicle, which is fair enough. However, I'm now in a position where the phone sits at the "go to the car and pair with this phone" and the car is at the " I'm paired, go to the app if you want to disconnect". Manually removing and adding the phone in Bluetooth settings doesn't help. My last resort is to remove the phone from car's Bluetooth settings and reboot the car, but as my wife is leaving in five minutes I'll have to try that later. For now the app is actually even more useless than before, which i would have said was impossible :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same issue here and I also woke up to a bunch of app notifications. It was locked in the garage the whole time. The “backend modifications” theory sounds plausible to me.

Font Screenshot Software Rectangle Multimedia

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
106 Posts
Yep both our phones (Android) just say “Pair your car with the Volvo Cars app” this morning when we log into the app...which is pretty typical.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
27 Posts
I went the whole hog and cleared storage on my Android app. Now it wants me to repair with the vehicle
I did that, too. It sucks but the only solution is to reset your car to factory defaults and then set your profile(s) up again and re-pair the phone. So saith Volvo support.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts