Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Wow, excellent! Do you still have the un-punctured old one as a backup?
No, I let them keep it as I really don’t have any space. If they had let me keep the new pair I would have made space.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
And ironically I am digging the new Cinturato P7s ont he rear, they do seem a tad smoother and seem like a good match to the fronts. But I will take the $500 back in my pocket at this point and keep these in mind when I need to replace tires in the future.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I will give kudos to Pirelli and Discount Tire. I just had my new rear pair of OE tires thanks to Pirelli. Discount Tire fully refunded my $500 and then only charged me install fee and road hazard on the new tires. Out the door for $155 compared to buying a new tire and basically a free 1000 miles head start on these.

Reactions: shawkinaw

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
68 Posts
As an owner of a Tesla X weighing in a 5700# empty no Teslas come with spares. BUT Tesla has an arrangement on flats tires. They have multiple locations around the USA (not sure about Europe) bot their own "Road Rangers" and various AAA-type services whereby they will come to you with a tire that will fit your car. It might not be the same wheel design nor brand tire but they will jack and replace it and take your damaged/flat tire + wheel back to a service facility. Then again depending on how far you live from a Tesla Service Center you go there and they put back the new or if possible, repaired tire and wheel from your car or a new wheel.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I mean all Pirelli need to do is have some in stock and make dealers and tire places aware. The tire was not even showing in Discount tire's system it is so new. At least I am whole and really ahead. I have gone to Discount Tires for probably 15 years exclusively they always take care of me. And surprisingly Pirelli stepped up after a few nagging complaints. Just shows you need to take control as a consumer or companies will run right over you.

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
On a side note, the P7 Cinturato is a slightly quieter and smoother tire. I noticed no difference in efficiency over the few hundred miles I had them. Seems they are “eco” tires as well. I wish Pirelli made these P7 in the size for the fonts, a really nice tire. I’d I was not getting 2 OE tires for $150 I would have left the P7 on they were great tires.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
61 - 67 of 67 Posts