Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anyone tried ordering on line ?

I know dealers / tire shops should be faster than us ordering them but … just curious
The problem with these tires is Pirelli doesn't even acknowledge the P8 exist yet. Finding the OEM Vol stamped tires is nigh impossible as Keith is finding out. The Michellin Sports coming out will be a good alternative but they are summer only AFAIK and it's still going to be a pain to find these odd sizes. I plann on driving the P8 to Kentucky frequently to visit family so I'm seriously considering swapping rims to a more readily available alternative.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The problem with these tires is Pirelli doesn't even acknowledge the P8 exist yet. Finding the OEM Vol stamped tires is nigh impossible as Keith is finding out. The Michellin Sports coming out will be a good alternative but they are summer only AFAIK and it's still going to be a pain to find these odd sizes. I plann on driving the P8 to Kentucky frequently to visit family so I'm seriously considering swapping rims to a more readily available alternative.
It is a shame the dealers all ordered with 20 inch wheels. I prefer the 20s look, but the selection of tires is a mess. If you are ok with different model tires on each axle it becomes easier, but I prefer all the same tire.

The is a non-ELECT (EV) version of the Scorpion Zero in the 235/45 20 100H XL for the fronts and 255/40 20 101H XL for the rears, there were jsut a bit harder to get than the Cinturators.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
245 Posts
Thanks. I'll go to "America's Tire" tomorrow and see how it goes.
America's Tire declined to repair, saying they will only repair up to three punctures, and I have four.

I guess I'll go to my Volvo dealer and see what I can do. What a pain in the a**.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
America's Tire declined to repair, saying they will only repair up to three punctures, and I have four.

I guess I'll go to my Volvo dealer and see what I can do. What a pain in the a**.
Well that sucks. I would start a case with Pirelli as well. [email protected] They seem very responsive, I started the conversation last Monday night and had a reply Tuesday AM. It took a few emails to get them to comp the tires, but I kept going back at them when they blew me off. There are a few summer only tires, but the ratting are <300AA were the OE and Cinturato P6 are AS and 500AA.

Reactions: sbixby

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'll reach out to my dealer tomorrow morning, first, and if that gets a run-around I'll reach out to Pirelli as well.

I'm not overly dependent on the P8, but jeez! I wanna drive MY new car, man! I have a Yamaha FJR1300 (motorcycle) which is crazy-faster than the P8 but I'm less interested in risking myself that much to the cell-phone-driver nutjobs on the roads these days.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'll reach out to my dealer tomorrow morning, first, and if that gets a run-around I'll reach out to Pirelli as well.

I'm not overly dependent on the P8, but jeez! I wanna drive MY new car, man! I have a Yamahao FJR1300 (motorcycle) which is crazy-faster than the P8 but I'm less interested in risking myself that much to the cell-phone-driver nutjobs on the roads these days.
Yeah I understand, in 38 days I was without the car 5 days already. Getting ready to escalate to service manger about my drivers door handle. Seems to not unlock correctly some time and if you pull a tad too hard it will not open unless you pull it a few times. They told me this is normal, I was like what? They tried another Recharge and said it was the same. I think there is a delay with the unlock when I put my hand behind the handle and the door is fully unlocked, even though I hear the click.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yeah I understand, in 38 days I was without the car 5 days already. Getting ready to escalate to service manger about my drivers door handle. Seems to not unlock correctly some time and if you pull a tad too hard it will not open unless you pull it a few times. They told me this is normal, I was like what? They tried another Recharge and said it was the same. I think there is a delay with the unlock when I put my hand behind the handle and the door is fully unlocked, even though I hear the click.
The issue is I simply cannot trust what the Dealer / Service Mgr says (in all fairness, not generalizing but my current Dealer for sure) as clearly they have no clue based on BS comments/statements they continue to make which had started to become insulting to me. Sometimes I just want to say “… are you even listening to yourself ? And you believe it’s gonna fly ? C’Mon guys !”

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Darn, that is good, keep me posted.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Update... Tire came late today and was mounted! Shop closed before I could pick it up. And my pessimistic side says it'll be the wrong tire. And/or one of the others is punctured too.

I need to know where I can acquire a half-full glass. Anybody?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Lucky you. Congrats. I m still waiting to hear where my supposed 2 replacements are. Let me know what they charged for it I have a suspicion dealers will be charging close to $400 then mounting and such.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Glass half full …

your ev is not a flying car where any major mistake at 1000 feet is a lot more …. Dramatic :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Got it! Wheel in hand (or rather, the truck, as I picked it up on the way to work).

The cost to me was $263 for the tire, about $27 for install/fees, plus sales tax - total $311.

That seems pretty in-line with the Scorpion Zero A/S non-OEM tire so I'm OK with it.

Now I have to deal with the dent I gracefully added last night in my garage. :cautious:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Got it! Wheel in hand (or rather, the truck, as I picked it up on the way to work).

The cost to me was $263 for the tire, about $27 for install/fees, plus sales tax - total $311.

That seems pretty in-line with the Scorpion Zero A/S non-OEM tire so I'm OK with it.

Now I have to deal with the dent I gracefully added last night in my garage. :cautious:

Excellent, far better than what I paid for the Ciruatos, sorry about the dent.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh, and I verified it was a VOL (Volvo OEM) tire too, I wondered if it would be a non-OEM or even a non "Elect" version, which I would have rejected. As it is now I'm a little tiny bit concerned about the 1500-mile difference between the rears, but considering the alternative, "it'll be fine".

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
yeah 1500 should be ok, you'll wind up eating a pair when the higher miles tires gets to the point you decide it is time to go. I was ticked that are 476 miles I ate 2 tires. I just emailed Pirelli to see where the 2 they promised me last week are at.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Once I bolt up the wheel, since the floor jack is already out, I'll raise up the other corners and inspect each of the other three tires. That pesky pessimistic-self thing assumes there'll be at least one other screw waiting to leak. But I'd rather be sure!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
OK, tire shop called me and said Pirelli is buying back the Ciruato P7 tires and giving me a new pair of the OE tires. Kudos to Discount Tire for following through on this and actually while,Pirelli resisted at first they stepped up to get this resolved.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts