Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The October update mentions improvements in range and battery efficiency.

·
Registered
428 Posts
How would I know if I have the update? My claims it is updated but I do not see any changes like Sirius radio.
See my answer to your posting this same question in the other thread:
To expand on this - looks like the best way to check whether you have the "October Update" is to look for an ACTUAL version number. When you choose Settings -> System -> Software Update:

1) if it says "Your software is up to date. Version 1.7" then congratulations! You have the "October update".

2) if it just says "Your software is up to date" without a version number then sorry. You still have older software that lacks version numbering.

·
Registered
428 Posts
How would I know if I have the update? My claims it is updated but I do not see any changes like Sirius radio.
Also note that the OTA software is never just updated silently without you knowing it. You will see a notification when your car has DOWNLOADED an update, but then you will have to CONFIRM manually before actually installing it (while making sure your car is not plugged in/charging, has at least 40%, that you've left the car & locked the doors, etc.)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
It gets rolled out in waves, just like a lot of phones and stuff. My dealer said the October update has bricked 2 cars already. They did my car because I had it in for brakes and IHU issues,will see how it goes when I pick it up tomorrow

·
Registered
428 Posts
Got it. Thanks. My next question, is there a way to force the update?
Not the OTA update, no. Your dealer service tech can always force-install the latest updates - but they may or may not do this for you, as routine software updates (intended to be self-installed) are not usually covered as “warranty repairs”. But if the update fixes some actual problem for you, or your car is in for some other issue - then your dealer MAY install it for you.

Otherwise you need to wait until your VIN comes up, and your car starts downloading the update. I expect most people should see it in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It gets rolled out in waves, just like a lot of phones and stuff. My dealer said the October update has bricked 2 cars already. They did my car because I had it in for brakes and IHU issues,will see how it goes when I pick it up tomorrow
Do they report these problems? Otherwise what is the point of doing the updates in waves?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Volvo (and I am sure they are not alone) does not publicly talk about issue unless it is safety and a recall. My guess is they do not hide info deliberately, but spend time collecting data to determine if a problem is isolated or wide spread. They need to analyze it and come up with an action plan. Then with these cars that plan is likely either pulling the update or rolling a new update.

Reactions: imdunne8
1 - 11 of 11 Posts