Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this question has been asked before...I did a search but didn't come up w/anything.

Is there a way to lock the XC40 without arming the alarm system?

I ask this because I sometimes leave my home for extended periods. I may leave my car parked in my driveway for a month or more, and I don't want the alarm possibly going off while I'm out of town that long.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
48 Posts
Sorry if this question has been asked before...I did a search but didn't come up w/anything.

Is there a way to lock the XC40 without arming the alarm system?

I ask this because I sometimes leave my home for extended periods. I may leave my car parked in my driveway for a month or more, and I don't want the alarm possibly going off while I'm out of town that long.

Thanks.
Just lock the doors with the actual key. The key hole is hidden behind the door handle. You will need to pull the door handle out to expose the key hole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just lock the doors with the actual key. The key hole is hidden behind the door handle. You will need to pull the door handle out to expose the key hole.
Thanks for the reply. I don't have a key per se, just the fob. I do have the removable piece of metal in the fob that you use if the battery in the fob dies, but I don't think that's what you're referring to...? I haven't fooled with that, so don't know if you can use it to lock as well as unlock the car. I'll give it a try, see what happens.

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
48 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I don't have a key per se, just the fob. I do have the removable piece of metal in the fob that you use if the battery in the fob dies, but I don't think that's what you're referring to...? I haven't fooled with that, so don't know if you can use it to lock as well as unlock the car. I'll give it a try, see what happens.
yeah the key that you take out of the fob is the key to manually lock and unlock your doors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts