Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this little gem this morning. Anyone else? Not to worry though... I'm now driving with a beach ball between my chest and steering wheel. I believe in being proactive.

· Registered
44 Posts
Just got back from dropping the car off at the dealer. They said it looks like some clock spring sensor contraption in the steering wheel is the likely culprit. Apparently this was a problem with some of the early non-EV XC40s a couple of years ago. Parts on order, should be able to pick it up Wednesday.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
418 Posts
Got the Airbag warning myself. Lasted 3 days and just went away. I'm taking the car to the dealer today to investigate.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
418 Posts
Update: Dealer told me the Airbag was intermittent and must be replaced. First said, there were no Airbags in the USA available for repair and would have to be shipped in from Europe. Then, got a 2nd call, Volvo corporate found one on the East Coast and will expedite it in. Should get the car back on Wed.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
418 Posts
Yesterday, the Service Manager called me and said, "Uh no, we don't have the right part in the US. So, it will have to come from Sweden". Crap. He said about 2 weeks. Not holding my breath. But, at least they got me a Loaner.

· Registered
142 Posts
I had this problem show up once. It happened almost immediately after plugging in a phone, having a phone wireless charging, having a seat heater on, and having an inverter plugged in for my laptop. Upon restarting the infotainment, letting the car reat, and not plugging in the inverter again I’ve never received this again. I think it was my inverter, or just too much power that it interferes with something. Will keep an eye out.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
418 Posts
Heading into week 2 without my car. No word on when the defective, replacement airbag will hit the US from Sweden.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
418 Posts
Update: Just spoke to the dealer, my replacement Airbag has hit US customs. Should have the car back next week. I hope Dogwhistle above gets his too!

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
418 Posts
My wife got this last week on her XC60 and took it to the dealer - it went away - dealer said it does go away most of the time. Very odd.
My dealer didn't want to take the chance it was actually a defective airbag. (CYA for a lawsuit I guess)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.