Volvo XC40 Forum banner

After the axle collapse

4K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  SeattleCat 
#1 ·
Got my P8 back today with the replacement axle!! Everything seems to work fine. Now time for kudos to McDonald Volvo in Denver. The head of the dealership really went to bat for me and they worked hard to speed things up (axle had to come from Sweden). Head guy is working to get Volvo to show me some serious love for my trouble. Got software update while car in the shop. It felt wonderful to be behind the wheel again.

#11 ·
Hi He Keith -- It appears to have been a manufacturing defect: Here from the tech's written report: "During inspection found a little oil leaking from right axle seal of front electrical drive. Further inspection found axle was not all the way in the electrical drive differential." So apparently the axle wasn't seated properly during manufacture.

#14 ·
Thanks, I am hoping they replace my IHU and my problems go away. I think with eh brake seizing up after I wash it I may need to blow out the rear wheels after washing or just roll it back and forth in driveway to dry the pads.

#16 ·
My leaf blower. It is a plug on, so takes 2 min, not sure I will do it unless this keeps happening.

Actually been thinking of using the leaf blower to dry the car to avoid wiping it and preserve the ceramic coating.

#19 ·
I commonly do this for whenever I wash one of my cars ... go straight from final rinse to use electric leaf blower to take most of the water off the car/wheels. Well actually it's a shop vac that allows the motor to come off to also be a leaf blower. It's also really good to get water out of those hard to reach areas. It's not a 100% dry, so I finish by hand but it's usually not much left to do.

#22 ·
I doubt it has an outlet as it charges for everything and folks would bring their own vacs. However I will keep that in mind for when I get to move :) after hearing how blowing out the wheels works :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.