Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this about a paid software upgrade that adds significant power to the Polestar 2. Since we have the same platform, I wonder if we will have the same opportunity.

· Registered
549 Posts
This has been discussed elsewhere on these forums already. There are a few threads or replies about the software upgrade. It isn't due to hit the USA shores till probably Spring 2022. Seems unlikely they'll roll this option to the Volvo lineup, just based on the market segment being SUVs and not really the demographic who would want it. I'd suspect MANY forum members will want it, but we're enthusiasts. I'd expect 90% of XC40 Recharge owners aren't on these forums, and aren't enthusiasts. So we make a rather small segment and would not be a good random sampling :p

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
416 Posts
I'd expect 90% of XC40 Recharge owners aren't on these forums, and aren't enthusiasts. So we make a rather small segment and would not be a good random sampling :p
But, it's a money-maker for them without having to do one thing. Pure profit for Volvo.

· Registered
4,154 Posts
But, it's a money-maker for them without having to do one thing. Pure profit for Volvo.
It’s not pure profit as it changes the software base so they would have to test builds with polestar boosted and non booster cars. It just adds another level of complexity. This is not a huge burden probably but it’s not a zero burden.

I am also unsure as to the relationship between polestar and Volvo. Do we consider a sale of a polestar car as $s for Volvo? Would buying upgrade code from polestar give money to Volvo? Depending on these answers it could actually be zero profit for Volvo.

I could of course be completely wrong and it is just pure profit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.